Senior Risk Manager, Finance Operations Risk Intelligence
- Arlington, VA
Amazon seeks a Sr. Risk Manager within Finance Operations Risk Intelligence (FORI). The Finance Operations organization manages corporate procurement, vendor payables and payments, employee payroll, customer receivables, and real estate & facilities. It is a global organization that supports multiple Amazon businesses and subsidiaries. FORI provides controllership across Finance Operations with a mission to identify risks, protect assets, design to-be controls, and as appropriate assist process owners with risk mitigation or remediation.
In this role, you will plan, scope, and execute a broad range of inspections of Finance Operations controls and processes to drive a continuous controllership culture. Responsibilities will also include preparation of findings and engagement with stakeholders to complete action items. Your subject matter expertise is critical to develop strong working knowledge of Finance Operations processes, current initiatives, and organizational changes impacting financial and other processes. Additionally, you may also participate in ad hoc assignments as needed. Your focus will be on the Global Real Estate & Facilities organization, which includes Amazon Corporate Security.
This role requires strong leadership skills to influence others and/or self-serve in order to achieve critical inspection objectives. You will be expected to identify risks in our processes and work with the appropriate owners to mitigate risks. FORI is looking for someone who can dive deep to understand Amazon's disparate and complex processes and related applications, can work through ambiguity, and can deliver results.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, information systems or a related field.
• 7+ years of industry experience in finance, accounting, or similar field.
• CPA certification.
• Proven ability in understanding complex process flows and improving processes.
• Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in ambiguous environments.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement, problem solve, and make decisions in complex situations. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive level presentations.
• Skilled in business risk analysis and making technical trade-offs between short versus long-term security and business goals.
Back to top