Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
As Senior RFIC Test Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative product solutions. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and third party suppliers to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and optimization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You'll be responsible for RFIC high-volume production test methodology of mm-wave RFICs for Project Kuiper custom silicon. You'll be part of the team that creates a chip and system test infrastructure and methodology applicable to transmit and receive communication systems.
In this role you will:
• Work with ASIC design teams ensure the test equipment and processes required for production meet Amazon standards for high-volume manufacturing.
• Actively identify test related readiness, issues, and optimizations throughout the product lifecycle and work towards expedient resolutions.
• Conduct failure analysis and drive issue resolutions as well as close potential test gaps and correlations issues throughout the supply and manufacturing chains.
• Own the optimization, standardization, and improvement of test methodologies to enhance operational efficiency in production, ensure product quality and minimize cost.
• Work with automated (Python and MATLAB) mm-wave test systems to correlate lab bench and automated test results.
• Operate test setups using equipment such as network analyzers, power splitters, up/down-converters, signal generators, oscilloscopes, power meters, and spectrum analyzers.
• Deploy engineers and lead people while dealing cross functionally, and with external vendors.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in electrical/communications engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience in RF Test or RF Product Engineering, preferably in high-volume consumer devices manufacturing.
• Experience performing RF measurements such as load pull, noise parameters, IIP3, and automating equipment using Python and MATLAB.
• Experience with RF test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and probe-stations.
• Master's or PhD degree in electrical/communications engineering or related field.
• 7+ years of hands on experience in mm-wave or RF validation engineering of communications systems.
• Understanding of wireless electronic manufacturing, assembly and test processes, and hands on experience with failure analysis.
• Knowledgeable in production control processes, data interpretation/analysis, Cp/Cpk, and bench/tester correlation analysis.
• Experience testing beamforming systems: MIMO, 60GHz, satellite communications.
• Understanding of digital/wireless communication systems and RF engineering.
• Willingness to travel (~20%)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age