As Senior RFIC Design Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative product solutions. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and third party suppliers to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and optimization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. As a member of the RFIC team, you will be responsible for the architectural definition, design, simulation, layout, extracted simulation for transmit and receive front-ends from the data converters to LNAs and PAs. Strong focus will be on creating the most power optimized solution for a given system performance.
In this role you will:
• Collaborate with communications systems, digital design, and chip implementation teams.
• Actively engage with various technology vendors to decide on the process node.
Explore architectures for mm-wave and RF circuits like VCOs, mixers, phase shifters, LNAs, PAs, LO distribution, ADCs, DACs, PLLs, DLLs, SERDES, frequency multipliers and dividers, and envelope/power detectors, and make detailed presentations on power/area/performance tradeoffs.
Design and simulate on-chip inductors and baluns in tools such as EMX or HFSS.
• Perform circuit layout, RLC extraction, and run extracted simulation across various corners to make sure designs are robust and can be taken to volume production.
Collaborate with the digital design team to define analog/digital boundary requirements for circuit calibration, clock generation, and timing.
Design supporting circuits such as bandgaps, opamps, bias distribution networks, and LDOs.
Specify bench and production test plans for your designs.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in RF design, preferably in an advanced node
• 4+ years of experience with RF communication systems
• Proven track record where products have gone to volume production
• Master's / PhD degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering or related field
• 10+ years of hands on experience in mm-wave or RF design for wireless systems
• Familiarity in developing blocks for space applications
• Communication Theory, OFDM, MIMO, Digital/Wireless Communication Systems and RF engineering
• Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in cellular (4G/5G NR), WiMAX, 802.11ad, microwave backhaul, or similar broadband wireless standards
• Experience with mm-wave layout techniques and optimization
• Familiarity with modeling of RF or analog circuits using System Verilog
• Experience with RF test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and probe-stations
• Strong written and verbal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.