Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system Amazon Scout designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
Amazon is seeking a talented and motivated RF Electrical Engineer to work on system design, implementation and release to production. The ideal candidate will have experience in analog and wireless system design, and possess good communication skills. This candidate must have the ability to work well both independently and in team settings.
Some of the key job functions of the RF Electrical Engineer include:
• Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, validation, testing and certification for WiFi, LTE, SDR, etc.
• Meet with vendors and technology suppliers to select components.
• Simulate, implement, validate and optimize RF circuits (including schematic capture and PCB layout).
• Characterize and debug desense and EMI issues to meet requirements.
• Perform multi-radio coexistence mitigation.
• Perform simulations for RF design and desense mitigation (3D EM and circuit level simulations)
• Ensure coordination with other disciplines is effective
• Understanding of technical principles and concepts in Electrical Engineering
• BS Electrical Engineering (or similar field)
• 7 + years of experience in RF, electrical, or system level
• Experience in wireless system design and architecture, system integration, test, debugging and desense analysis
• Experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators
• Experience with RF and simulation tools (Spice, HFSS, ADS, CST, HyperLynx)
• Experience in schematic entry, layout tools and design for manufacturability
• Experience in multidisciplinary system design interfacing to a wide array of subsystems, debugging and integration experience
• MS Electrical Engineering.
• Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in WIFI, LTE and GPS
• Experience with antenna and design methodologies, GPS, Cellular, Radar, WiFi
• Experience designing analog circuits such as power and/or switching circuits
• Experience designing, developing and certifying in accordance with FCC/ETSI/IEC
• Experience with Cadence Orcad/Allegro
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us