Senior Renewable Optimization Data Scientist
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Renewable Energy Team is looking for Data Scientist to develop new solutions and analytics towards delivering 100% renewable energy to our global infrastructure. You will utilize innovative data science, machine-learning, and distributed software on the Cloud to build systems that automate and optimize delivery of our renewable energy to our load under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply.
The ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of quantitative modelling in at least one area (ML, optimization, multivariate statistics), the ability to build and refine prototype models that can be implemented in production, the communication skills necessary to explain complex technical approaches to a variety of stakeholders and customers, and the excitement to take iterative approaches to tackle big, long-term problems.
This is an exciting role part of a program focused on optimizing our renewable assets across the globe. You will work closely with the energy team on large-scale renewable projects and help AWS achieve its 100% renewable energy goals.
• Master's degrees in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Economics or a related quantitative field
• 4+ years of hands-on experience with statistical analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, optimization, or data mining
• Experience using Java, C#, C++, Python, R, Perl, or other programming languages
• Proficiency with data querying languages such as SQL, Hadoop or equivalent
• PhD degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical/scientific field
• Experience building large scale machine learning or deep learning models and/or systems
• Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
• Electricity or Energy markets experience
• Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top