Why compromise? Finally an opportunity that your engineering heart, your career, your mentor and your family can be excited about at the same time! Yes, a job that has it all, i.e., explosive growth, ground-floor architecture, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter and a cool vision that you can boast about.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
The Royalties Teams
We didn't make Amazon Music the business today, our listeners and content partners did. The Royalties teams are the bridge between every listener and every content partner of Amazon Music. We build systems that process every play activity on Amazon Music and strive to deliver accurate, complete and on-time payments to all our content partners. We stretch the limits of distributed systems and big data processing to solve some of the hardest technical problems and unprecedented scale challenges. To add to the excitement, we are building multiple products from scratch, where you really can be amongst the first employees in a well-funded, proven, highly technical, highly visible and business critical idea.
What will you do?
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for all testing of an entire architecture. This not only includes test planning and execution for new features and services, but also helping define the strategic direction of automation and manual testing. We are building the systems from ground up, so we are not tied to any one technology. Helping select the right test frameworks and envisioning a long-term architecture is part of the role. So is working with multiple internal and external tools. Finally, this being a new team, you'll have lots of opportunities to help us build & grow the team via mentoring, hiring & training.
To accomplish this, you are expected to have an established background in testing highly impactful systems and scalable test solution design, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about delivering high-quality software as well as ensuring that software achieve its operational goals.
• 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• Graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience in SQL
• Experience with black box and white box testing with understanding of/experience with SQA methodologies, techniques and approaches
• Ownership of test plan development and execution for payment or financial systems
• Experience with types of testing including regression, performance, stress, unit, API, integration, and security testing
• In-depth experience with Spark, ETL or web application testing
• Experience with AWS services including EMR, S3, Redshift and DynamoDB
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong desire to deliver on SLAs
• Accomplished technical leader with a strong track of record delivering results at high speed and quality
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us