Are you ready to drive the next generation of shopping innovations at Amazon? When words just aren't enough to describe what customers are looking for, they often turn to other methods such as camera-based search, or using the picture of a celebrity to find inspiration for their fashion purchases. When images aren't enough to convince customers that a piece of furniture will look good, they want to turn to Augmented Reality to envision how that furniture item would match their living room décor.
Based in Palo Alto, our team is responsible for building computer-vision based solutions for shopping - from using the phone's camera to search for a product to previewing it in your own living space using Augmented Reality. Our solutions are available in the Amazon Mobile Shopping app and Amazon.com, and used by millions of people worldwide every day. We tackle complex problems in computer vision, deep learning, image recognition, machine learning, and large-scale distributed systems. We are a full stack shop and our team has amazing software engineers, scientists, program managers, designers and product managers. We all share a single mission: Build the world's best visual shopping experiences. However, it's still Day 1, and this is your chance to make history in the new era of shopping.
We're looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer who can be highly impactful with their overall Quality influence for the organization. You will have the opportunity to work closely with talented teams of software engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) and Product Managers. Successful candidate must be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to test and automate at the same time. In this role, you will be testing the cutting edge features implemented in the Amazon mobile application related to visual search and augmented reality.
• MS/BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical fields
• 8+ years of software quality assurance engineering experience
• 8+ Hands on experience with web and mobile test automation in both
• Android and iOS platform is a must
• Strong in developing test strategies, test plan and test cases.
• Triage defects with Development and Product teams.
• Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals in objected oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
• Debugging/troubleshooting experience on performance and stability tools
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Preferred qualifications
• Experience with building regression/integration test for computer vision projects
• Experience working with AWS services and technologies (or equivalent: Azure, Google Cloud)
• Familiarity with Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS ECS/Fargate/EKS etc.)
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field