Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
AAre you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? Amazon Fire TV Edition team is looking for experienced, results-oriented Software Quality Assurance Engineers who are capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. We own the voice experience on all of our streaming media players, and are constantly experimenting and innovating to improve the customer experience. Successful candidates are creative engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work and are passionate about great software and ultimately a great customer experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI (both web and device) to back-end distributed web services to device software. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new product, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
Senior Quality Assurance Engineers are considered a QAE technical leader for the team. You work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. Sr.QAE's work focuses on ambiguous quality problem areas and complex test scenarios associated with new or existing products. Sr.QAE leverage proven test methods, redesigning or implementing new methods when appropriate. Sr.QAE is strategic about your work and drive quality methods into all stages of product development. Sr.QAE is able to improve the testability of architecture(s), identifying quality opportunities at development milestones. Sr.QAE is a key influencer of team strategy and make sure customers are not impacted by engineering quality problems. Sr.QAE works to improve engineer (i.e., developer, QAE, etc.) efficiency and often work across team boundaries to share best practices, test requirements, and to get things done. Sr.QAEs are able to influence decisions made by other teams. Sr.QAEs actively mentor and spend time developing others, improving their test knowledge and engineering practices.
Our QA Engineers are not pure black box testers; they test at the appropriate level and are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automated tools. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers, and Business Owners to understand technical implementation of features. QA Engineers will also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality focused methodologies, always seeking to avoid defects or find them earlier in the process
• 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• 10+ years of software quality assurance engineering experience
• Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
• Experience with one scripting language
• Experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing
• Experience developing test strategies for complex programs, Automation strategies, test plans and test cases
• Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field
• Expertise building test strategies, automation strategies for complex programs
• Experience with Selenium or other automation framework
• Experience with usability best practices; able to influence and improve user experience
• Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top