Senior Programmer Writer
Are you scrappy and entrepreneurial? Then working at AWS should be your next adventure!
As a Programmer Writer in Amazon Web Services (AWS), you'll have the exciting opportunity to work with a stellar technical team to produce product documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment.
Writers play a critical role in the success of our services. With great documentation, you help our developers write better code that follows best practices. AWS has a broad range of services and helps power some of the biggest sites on the Web. The depth of AWS offerings also means you'll be working on the cutting edge of Cloud technologies, including serverless applications and more!
The ideal candidate has a technical background that enables her or him to interact effectively with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers. In addition, the ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
- Drive documentation planning with engineering teams.
- Produce high-quality documentation for various Web Services, with a focus on Developer Tools and App Management services such as AWS CloudFormation.
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation for AWS products.
- Work as part of a team to produce conceptual, how-to, and API reference documentation for AWS products.
- Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, and form.
Help define writing projects and determine priorities.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing role
- Experience writing for the IT Pro audience, DevOps audience, or Developer audience
- Proven experience using and following a style guide
- Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content
- Experience working with XML-based publishing systems (or equivalent experience with a markup language)
- Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science or a related field highly desirable.
- Experience with cloud computing, Web Services, IaaS, PaaS, or related areas is a plus.
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies is a plus.
- Experience working with Git is a plus.
- Experience working directly with engineering teams.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Experience writing API reference documentation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top