Senior Program Manager, Virtual HR
Are you an experienced Program Manager looking to have a global influence at Amazon? The HR Services team needs a Strategic Program Manager to drive our Virtual HR roadmap focused on delivering Virtual HR to the global HR community. We are looking for a talented and driven creative problem solver to join our team. As a Senior Program Manager, you have the chance to drive the expansion of a new Amazon HR service from the very early stages. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future.
If you have strong project management skills, the ability to work across many functions and cultures and coordinate resources from a great number of stakeholders, you'll feel right at home in this role. You'll be responsible for helping launch new products and services, building and expanding HR Services partnerships, defining feature sets, and building process based on overall HR Services strategy. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with technology, design, business operations, finance, strategic communications, and support teams to develop and execute our business initiatives. You will proactively identify and resolve strategic issues, as well as secure and schedule the resources necessary to deliver employee and partner focused outcomes. Other key responsibilities include monitoring the execution of the program across various geographies and ensuring appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall employee experience.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- The ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally. A keen sense of ownership and drive are a must.
- Experience forming cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and drive continuous innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our business, HR products and services, and Amazon HR landscape.
- Relentless desire to exceed company and customer expectations.
- Driving projects through to implementation - managing the What and the When, NOT the How.
- Willingness to travel both domestic & international up to 20% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 7+ years experience in program or project management, managing multiple, complex cross-functional projects and products concurrently
- Experience providing portfolio level support - creating the schedule, the plan and executing the roadmap of a suite of tools/products/services.
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Sound business background, preferably working on a new product launch
- Expert planner with business process definition experience
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving business performance
- Passion for Amazon and commitment to delighting customers
- Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
- Ability to present your ideas clearly (verbal and in writing) to senior leaders and business partners and lead meetings with confidence
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in multiple locations, and to harness a team of program managers to problem solve effectively.
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership within a large scale, fast-moving and process-driven environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top