Overview: Responsible for implementation risk-based security standards specific to each use case of the Amazon Middle Mile operations scenarios in MENA, and the methods for maintaining and improving those standards. This includes implementing the processes and specifications for All Middle Mile Business units for sites and transportation.
In addition, the job holder will support investigation activities concerning losses and other incidents within Amazon's Middle Mile Operations, conduct due diligence and audits to assess the Security of potential or existing business partners and vendors in the areas of transportation, storage, logistics and distribution of Amazon products; and define and implement regional Middle Mile Security strategies for education and awareness across the organization.
• Provide guidance and support for Security and Loss Prevention teams; supply chain, logistics and transportation operations and coordination groups, other stakeholders with the Amazon organization and third parties.
• Deploy and implement risk assessment methodologies specifically cut to address current and foreseeable risks within the middle mile environments, scenarios and use cases; methods to identify and implement the security strategies for middle mile itineraries within the region, in accordance with risks assessment; and conducting security due diligence assessments on potential business partners such as wholesalers, third party logistics, and other business-critical functions regionally.
• Implement key liaison contacts in industry, law enforcement, government and regulatory agencies to maintain awareness of and provide tactical response to upcoming legislation, industry trends, external risks and new technologies related to middle mile operations.
• Ensure compliance to internal standards by means of supporting the Global Security Risk Compliance Audit team in defining the requirements for Middle Mile Security; collaborate and provide expertise in conducting internal security audits; partner with appropriate stakeholders to implement effective audit programs to detect, prevent and resolve losses; implement and provide guidance for conducting audits to assess the Security of business partners, vendors, third party logistics providers, and carriers in the areas of transportation, sortation distribution; and follow up on definition and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Implement internal business stakeholder support in order to promote security as added value and business differentiator; provide direct input to the relevant internal stakeholders and operational teams on high risk new business initiatives within the middle mile environment; partner with appropriate internal stakeholders to provide security input regarding the selection of third party middle mile providers; implement key collaborations with regional stakeholders to implement consistent standards, programs, assessments and procedures for the network with careful consideration for implementing and maintaining relationships with affiliate management and international partners.
• Contribute with expertise for the implementation of Security awareness campaigns for general sensitization of personnel, and specific training packages for S&LP personnel, including, international, threat and risk assessment, risk management, loss prevention, intelligence and MO's, incident management, and investigations.
• Contribute to reduce business losses on security incidents and related claims by identifying and understanding vulnerabilities, MO's, and implementation the appropriate means and measures to protect transported assets in the middle mile environment. Direct involvement in complex investigations at a high level. If required also act as the lead interface for wholesalers and third party providers. Implement strategies and programs which prevent theft, diversion and losses from the supply chain in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience within the MENA logistics, retail, supply chain and transportation security preferably with middle mile experience
• Exposure to container logistics
• Fluency in English required, both oral and written
• Ability to interact with all levels of leadership within the organization to drive consensus regarding new policies and procedures
• Willing to travel, domestic and international, including extended overnight trips.
• Experience in multi-site/country environment handling security and LP in SC, logistics, supply chain and transportation
• Fluency in Arabic is preferred
• Solid experience in commercial supply chain networks from environments such as, but not limited to, fast moving consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, tobacco or consumer electronics
• Completed Bachelor's Degree (e.g. in Business, Criminal Justice or an equivalent) from an accredited university
• Certified Protection Professional (CPP) is desired
• Sound knowledge of SCS industry standards required (e.g. TAPA, ISO, AEO, C-TPAT)
• Interviewing experience desired, and Wicklander and Zulawski certification
• Familiar with Lean and Six Sigma methods is desired.