Senior Program Manager, Tax Technology
- Arlington, VA
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon's tax team seeks an exceptionally capable and motivated individual to help deliver the Tax Technology support for our Indirect Tax function. The Tax Technology team enables solutions that support the automation needs of our Tax team's processes.
The right individual should have a deep understanding of VAT/GST and/or accounting concepts, ability to work with or an appetite to work with large volumes of data, and solid business judgment capable of delivering the right results.
This role performs a wide variety of responsibilities for the tax technology organization including:
• Drive program management and timely delivery of tax technology projects and products
- Work with other Tax and Technology teams across regions to identify, create and implement globally scalable processes and solutions
- Partner with Indirect Tax Compliance and Audit customers to drive the Indirect Tax Technology planning and prioritization process to address emerging tax regulations
- Perform hands on detailed data research and analysis of a large financial data set; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues.
• Define business requirements for technical development based on analysis of data sets
• Build and maintain relationships with our key technology providers, as well as, other technical teams across Amazon.
We are a fast growing team, so we're looking for candidates who are eager and able to learn new content quickly, who are willing to go into unfamiliar territory, and who possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
• BS degree in Accounting, Business, Data Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related field or equivalent experience
• 8+ years' working experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master plus 5 years' work experience) in tax, accounting, data analysis or related field
• Experience with data investigation across business processes/business systems, especially SQL proficiency pulling data from various sources.
• Experience with indirect tax, especially VAT/GST.
• Strong critical thinking, excellent communication skills, and ability to influence.
• Ability to explain financial/technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
• Creative, positive, and helpful attitude; a team oriented, customer-centric working style.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top