Senior Program Manager - Tax
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon is seeking a Senior Program Manager to join the Tax team within the Finance organization. This is an exciting and challenging role, and will give the right person a chance to be part of a company and a team making history. Large multi-nationals are facing a period of unprecedented tax reform. This reform will have a significant impact to all business units competing in the global market. Our program management team leads the charge and partners with teams across Amazon to plan, coordinate, and implement mission critical projects resulting from operating a global business in a time of unprecedented change.
We are looking for this Senior PM to join this amazing team. Successful candidates will have had exposure to the Finance and Technology domains, and be well versed driving programs across diverse groups of stakeholders. The candidate needs to be able to easily understand business processes, supporting information technologies, and finance / accounting / tax concepts, as well as the impacts of each on the project. They also need to be able to communicate in these areas with current process owners and executive level project stakeholders.
Job responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with project owners and key stakeholders to define and refine project objectives and deliverables.
• Obtaining and driving to clarity workstream requirements coming from one or more impacted functions and demonstrating a solid working knowledge of requirements to project stakeholders and sponsors.
• Building workstream project plans and identifying workstream dependencies during the planning process; supporting the resource planning process.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining project SharePoint landing page used by cross functional core team.
• Liaising with cross-functional workstream participants consisting of Amazon Businesses, Tax, Accounting, Treasury, HR, Legal, Finance Operations, and technical teams to provide a comprehensive status update to the program lead related to the assigned workstream.
• Identifying areas of risk to the project scope or timeline, and escalating to program leadership in a timely manner.
• Diving deep where needed to resolve blocking issues during project execution, testing, launch and cutover.
• Executing project closeout process and practices, ensuring all project artifacts are finalized and archived as appropriate.
• Leading cross functional teams through workstream retrospective to help drive improvements into the process; owning and driving process improvements.
• Supporting the development and delivery of tooling, templates, process improvements and trainings, to varied audiences within and external to the PM team.
• 6+ years of experience - must have some exposure in two out of three of: Finance (preferably Tax and Accounting), Program Management, or IT, where you have demonstrated Amazon's leadership principles.
• Bachelor's degree; business administration, accounting or tax preferred, with specialization in IT/systems.
Experience in many of the following disciplines is desired: Tax processes, automation and solution design, external and internal audit, SOX, accounting month end close, controls and reconciliation process improvement, or financial systems integration
Experience in process and tooling / template design, and / or facilitating trainings and workshops on such content.
The ideal candidate will have experience at Amazon or similarly complex, diverse, dynamic global organization in the following:
• Participating in innovative, game-changing teams, programs, and projects
• Developing and improving policies and processes
• Delivering results amidst resource constraints and ambiguity
• Leveraging technology
• Delighting stakeholders
• Leading through influence
• Communicating successfully across cultures, in writing and in person
• Collecting and analyzing data, including developing and reporting on metrics
• Experience and desire to work in an environment similar to a high tech startup.
• Experience with project planning software (e.g. Microsoft Project, WorkFront, Smartsheet), Excel and Word.
• Exposure to Prince, PMP, Lean Six Sigma, or ITIL concepts is a plus
• Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations in a matrix team environment
Back to top