Senior Program Manager - Supply Chain
Amazon is looking for a highly motivated, analytically minded program manager to join the fast-growing US Retail Softlines team. This role offers the opportunity to lead multiple strategic initiatives within a dynamic business, and to implement long-term sustainable changes in operational excellence.
The ideal candidate will bring expertise and in depth knowledge of several supply chain functional areas and is at the forefront of changes in the supply chain field. Amazon's Softlines organization is a dynamic business spanning clothing, shoes, handbags, luggage, jewelry, and watches. This role offers a unique opportunity to drive innovation in partnership with strategic suppliers and internal operational stakeholders. The ideal candidate will also have a comfort level in analyzing complex business problems, generating concise white papers, executive summaries, and diving deep into complex data to support business recommendations.
This position will be responsible for creating and executing a thriving project roadmap that touches the end to end retail supply chain. Areas of focus include Softlines vendor collaboration, packaging innovation and sustainability, leading the discovery efforts on new programs like direct fulfillment and direct import, and contributing to the overall Softlines free cash flow program.
- Ability to develop operational strategies and write project proposals/white papers.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects, end to end, to deliver supply chain solutions
- Ability to influence senior management and contribute to defining project goals and conditions of satisfaction.
Analyzing and gathering data to support recommendations and fact based decisions
- Interacting with stakeholders at multiple levels, and dynamically leading business, product and program teams
- Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, and handling tradeoffs when operational constraints arise
- Rolling up your sleeves and having an ownership mentality
- Remaining flexible to changing priorities
- Ability to lead through ambiguity
- 7+ Years product / program management is required
- 5-7+ years of experience leading supply chain projects involving vendor operational improvement
- 3+ years of leading cost-out and customer service improvements initiatives
- Experience developing operational processes in retail or similar field
- Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results across diverse cultures from inception to completion
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives
- Bachelor's degree is required, MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Experience utilizing complex data sets to make fact-based recommendations
- Astute listener and relationship builder
- Results driven
- Willingness to dive deep, fail fast and adapt quickly
- Experience with SQL or operational reporting using complex data
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top