Senior Program Manager - Scale Mechanisms
- Atlanta, GA
Amazon Web Services provides highly reliable, scalable, low-cost cloud-based services that power hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. To meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services, we need talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Learning Products (LP) Team to help us build and operate highly scalable mechanisms to help us force multiply our partnerships within the Training & Certifications organization as well as other parts of AWS. This role will require strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills to engage internal and external stakeholders in order to define the most effective mechanisms and engagement cadence to ensure we stay connected to our stakeholders and partners. To be successful in this position, you must be highly motivated, creative, and a self-starter who is able to think big, execute, yet stay focused on the details.
One of the focus areas for this role is to create a program where we can create shared goals, alignment, and strategy with AWS teams on what training will best help them achieve their business objectives. In addition, we want the PM to create a SME program to help us identify key resources that can help us create and validate content for customers.
Preference for candidates based in Seattle, WA but open to candidates in other AWS office locations including Portland, Boston, Dallas, and Arlington.
• Develop key relationships with Service teams and build a reliable and repeatable mechanisms to interact with them.
• Responsible for establishing business reviews, project reviews, KPI reviews, standard work, best practices and cadences.
• Translating the Program Management Vision into detailed project plans, schedules and deliverables that will be consumed by the key players who work across T&C
• Make strategic recommendations on how the program should evolve, scale and continuously improve and drive recommendations to ensure this program is focused on the right priorities to help T&C Learning Products continue to evolve.
• Develop business requirements to lead the automation of existing processes to optimize the program planning workflow.
• Devise a monthly reporting mechanism for analyzing stakeholder feedback and operational metrics for internal stakeholders.
• Successful candidate will be able to Deliver Results by partnering with the cross functional teams on the delivery of standard work, best practices, tools, mechanisms and cadences.
• BS/BA degree in engineering, business, design or related field.
• Masters Degree MBA preferred
• 7-10 years' experience in Program Management, Strategy/Operations.
• Proven experience in leading and delivering projects.
• Proven track record of working across global stakeholders and making strategic recommendations to evolve high-profile, high-impact programs.
• Proven track record of leading the strategy for a global program and working with account teams and senior services leads.
• Strong Excel skills exhibiting the ability to take data and turn it into actionable insights.
• Sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English to facilitate and manage conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic, ambiguous environment, meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads, and ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Back to top