Senior Program Manager - S3 Storage Capacity
- Seattle, WA
AWS Simple Storage Service (S3) is the AWS service that delivers world class cloud storage. It provides a simple web services interface that customers use to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. We sets the standard for functionality, cost, and performance for storage in the cloud. With trillions of objects and Exa-bytes of data under management, we're one of the most successful services anywhere. We give customers access to highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure to store and retrieve their data.
We are looking for a Sr. Program Manager to manage capacity planning operations of Exabyte-level S3 Storage distributed system. In this role you make strategic decisions on planning and executing to S3's customer promise of elastic storage. The ideal candidate is one who thrives in ambiguity, is very customer obsessed, and is willing to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. The ability to apply good judgement, effectively communicate and balance competing priorities is essential to this role. They will also have excellent analytical and creative thinking skills, and the ability to break down complex problems and innovative on solutions.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we're all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering and LGBTQ+
• Bachelor's Degree in Math, Operations Research, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or other related fields, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in program management, process improvement, implementation, risk identification and mitigation, and project execution in support of a technical dev ops and service engineering environment
• 5+ years of experience with forecasting and planning customer demand signals.
• Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scale
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization.
• MBA or Master's Degree in engineering , Math, operations research, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines.
Back to top