Senior Program Manager, Product Assurance
- Seattle, WA
Amazon PARS (Product Assurance, Risk & Security) is seeking a Senior Program Manager, Product Assurance in Japan to support the Japan RP (Restricted Products) Compliance team.
As the Senior Program Manager, Product Assurance in Japan, you will show excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and will continually work to proactively improve the knowledge of Amazon's business and relevant technologies. This is an exciting and challenging position to lead Japan-based RP operations. You will develop the regional strategy for RP, help identify and apply best practices from around the globe, build new solutions and processes, and support the ongoing operations for the Global RP team.
• Establish programs and processes to restrict product that are illegal, illegally marketed, unsafe, offensive, or otherwise in violation of Amazon policies.
• Collect and clarify compliance needs from internal and external stakeholders such as legal, compliance SMEs and regulators. Work with business, operation and tech teams to conduct gap and risk analysis, business impact and feasibility study, scope and initiate projects to mitigate compliance risks.
• Manage work streams at program level, prioritize and direct resources to serve the most important and urgent compliance needs while keeping balanced view on long term solutions and overall compliance operation standardization.
• Collaborate with compliance experts on food safety, product safety, trade, dangerous goods, coordinate to implement solutions which align with global framework and benefit multiple compliance sub-functions.
• Be the trusted business partners and compliance advocate within the whole organization, justify, align efforts and gain commitments toward common goals which would best protect our customers.
• Lead the lifecycle of the program, ensure timeline and quality of deliverables, monitor legislation, industry and competitors' trend. Adjust to best accommodate the fast-moving business environment.
• Look into details of compliance rules, processes and systems, coordinate with Compliance Ops, Tech, stakeholders and business teams to develop SOPs, guidelines, BRDs, and when necessary, be hands on to write all kinds of procedure documents.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 10+ years of program development and program management experience
• Ability to understand, troubleshoot, and describe complex technical processes and issues
• Experience applying analytical skills to solve problems and creating data-driven solutions
• Comfortable making quick, calculated decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to work independently and autonomously
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
• Business level English or better
• A background in legal, compliance, business, or experience with an analytically driven area
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of SQL or scripting languages is helpful but not essential to succeed
• MBA degree is a plus
• Business level Japanese
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top