Senior Program Manager, Payroll Systems
- Seattle, WA
Does the challenge that comes from driving complex, large scale projects for one of the largest employers excite you? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment and delivering innovative solutions that enable your team and stakeholders to do their jobs more effectively and accurately by streamlining existing processes through leveraging technology?
The Global Amazon Payroll Team is seeking a Senior Program Manager to drive large scale initiatives impacting North American Payroll. This position is responsible for facilitating the successful deployment of each initiative through collaboration with both our internal and external partners, as well as ensuring that we enhance and improve our existing processes and procedures through automation when possible.
Your primary responsibilities within our Payroll Systems team will be to partner with our internal payroll team as well as our external technical partners, HR, benefits, and more to gather requirements, assess existing system functionality vs. future state, and proactively identify gaps, and drive solutions. The ability to work cross functionally and to identify barriers is imperative to the success of these projects, and being able to dive deep and develop subject matter expertise of our core system functionality and upstream systems will be critical to accomplishing this. Further, you will continue to drive continuous improvement post deployment of these projects.
Successful candidates will have a project management background, have led complex large scale initiatives, be detail driven, have excellent problem solving abilities, and have experience working with HCM/Payroll systems. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous planning, disciplined attention to detail, continuous process improvement and mentorship. You should have experience working with SME's across multiple geographies, and using data to advance ideas and influence others. Finally, thinking big and setting a bold direction for the future is a must.
• Define and develop the project plan, deployment approach, and stakeholder engagement model for a large scale system transition
• Lead your team to analyze business needs, system functionality, and align on requirements.
• Measure, evaluate, and report on the status of the program
• Drive innovation and break through improvements in your team's processes and practices.
• Identify the opportunities that will provide ways to scale while leveraging technology.
• Partner with other Amazon teams impacted by your initiatives to align timelines and expectations.
• Work with operations teams to drive improvements.
• Create and manage the communication strategy for promoting and highlighting your strategy, priorities, and the status of your projects/program.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
• Project Management accreditation
• A strong desire to exceed expectations and strong interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability of participating in milestone driven projects
• Experience with ADP Systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top