Are you interested in defining the future operating model for Amazon's European operations?
Operations is at the heart of Amazon's customer experience and differentiation. Our ambition is to be the earth's most customer-centric business and set the industry standard for customer innovation and experience.
The EU Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) Team is responsible for driving step-change improvements in the performance of Amazon's European Operations from vendor through to customer. We work backwards from the customer and define new innovative solutions that raise the bar on customer experience and speed whilst constantly lower our cost of fulfilment and supporting our continued high growth. The Senior Program Manager will work on the top strategic projects and opportunities across the European operations, influencing business-critical decisions and taking operational performance to the next level.
It is expected that members of the ACES team can develop their careers by progressing to more senior roles within the team or by moving into numerous challenging and sought after leadership roles in fulfilment operations, transportation, or supply chain after spending time within ACES.
This role's work location is open to different corporate offices or fulfilment centers across EU and UK.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or science-based subject;
• Proven project, team and stakeholder management experience, either from management consulting and/or from industrial sectors in either case, a strong focus on operational projects is preferable;
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, and proficiency in hypothesis-led problem solving;
• Ability to lead complex data analyses, and draw conclusions to identify where the value and opportunity is;
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and able to present in top-notch decision making settings;
• Ability to overcome adversity/resistance to change and influence others to drive the highest results;
• Willingness to travel 60-80% of the time (3-4 days per week), within Europe;
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, challenging and deadline-driven environment.
• Proven experience across the full project lifecycle (i.e., scoping, design, testing and full-scale implementation);
• Proven experience in operational, process, and performance improvement projects;
• Entrepreneurial and action-oriented with 'roll up the sleeves' attitude (i.e., able to be an individual contributor);
• MBA from a leading business school.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.