Senior Program Manager - New Ad Products
We're looking for an entrepreneurial Sr. Program Manager to help us deliver a portfolio of new video and mobile advertising products. This is a position that requires someone who is passionate about delivering new content experiences to customers, obsessive about improving partner experience, actively builds strategic relationships, and earns trust with key partners both inside and outside of Amazon.
What you will work on:
We are inventing new and engaging media & ad experiences for customers. Our group is particularly focused on content-rich and video-forward formats optimized for mobile devices. You will work with a team of talented and experienced engineers and designers to help bring new products to market and ensure that all of our customers (Amazon shoppers, advertisers, and content partners) are delighted by what we create.
You will develop and run programs focused on improving both the quality and selection of the content we receive from our content partners, and improving the experience those partners have delivering content to our platform. You will collaborate with a team of product managers, designers and engineers to define technical and creative standards for our platform, and develop a program to evaluate the ability of third-parties (e.g. creative agencies) to meet those standards. You will act as the voice of our brand partners in new verticals (e.g. entertainment, soft lines) to gather feedback on new features that will improve their ability to connect with audiences on our products, and gather requirements for self-service tooling those partners can use to build new content experiences and measure the success of their campaigns.
In addition to working with engineering and design teams, you will earn trust and forge relationships with teams both inside and outside of Amazon. This will include engineering, product management, sales and marketing, creative/design, and many others. You will work cross-functionally to anticipate and manage bottlenecks, balance business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while still helping deliver great experiences to our customers and content partners.
Specific skills we are looking for:
- Ability to get a lot done in a startup environment with lots of ambiguity but also lots of opportunity
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary – an owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive
- Ability to have fun and inspire team members to work on not just what's urgent, but what's important
- Ability to negotiate across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Fluency in working with technology and digital media
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An ability to think clearly, solve problems, scope technical requirements, and prioritize project work
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of program management experience in online, advertising, or e-commerce
- Experience in cross-functional roles and a proven track record of delivering successful programs
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and improve processes
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the products, our business, and the technical landscape
- A history of program management in a startup environment
- Experience in running programs with customer facing applications for both web and mobile
- Experience with customer development and validating products through customer and partner feedback
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly then iterating on the experience
- Online display advertising industry experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top