Senior Program Manager - Last Mile Driver Experience
- Bellevue, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We are constantly looking to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is investing heavily to innovate and provide best in class services in the Last Mile delivery space. In the Last Mile Driver Experience team, we own the driver experience for all delivery services from Amazon, including ultra-fast Prime Now, Whole Foods, Lockers, and Amazon Key deliveries. The Last Mile Driver Experience is powered by a mobile app, available on both iOS and Android and works in concert with our logistics and technology to guide drivers through the delivery journey. In 2019 our apps powered 3.5 billion package deliveries and this year we crossed our 10 billion packages delivered milestone.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for managing, launching, and expanding key programs in both existing and future geographies. As a member of the team, you will help to define the rhythm of the business and will work across teams to gain alignment, develop, and execute a common plan across multiple stakeholders. To do this, s/he must be able to manage across numerous novel business models and create certainty out of ambiguity while having a firm grasp over the operational, and financial aspects of each program. Working with a large group of diverse stakeholders, this leader must be able to operate efficiently, while simultaneously being able to dive deep into the details of each new program and project to drive results.
This role is inherently cross-functionalthis leader will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our existing products and features. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Some of the key job functions of the Senior Program Manager are:
• Drive program objectives provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
• Scale processes and tools design processes and procedures that scale with the business' growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
• Define key performance indicators develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives.
• Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
• Develop sustainable training as needed for new project/program launches.
• 7+ years experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• 5+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
• Proficiency with SQL
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• MBA or Master degree
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Prior experience in Operations
• Prior experience working across different functional areas
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top