Senior Program Manager, HR
- Pullman, WA
Amazon is looking for a talented, ambitious, and strategic thinking program manager to join our HR Risk & Compliance team. The HR Risk & Compliance team is responsible for managing global compliance programs that include inventorying, assessing, controlling and monitoring important HR and employment-related risks where we do business.
As an integral member of the team focused on pay, time and attendance obligations and risks globally, the successful candidate for this role will work closely with Sr. HR Risk & Compliance Managers to lead projects to assess and mitigate key HR risks. You will develop deep subject matter expertise in this critical HR area and use your project management discipline and analytical skills to help the team improve our internal tools and practices, develop and deliver new strategies, and drive remediation plans to closure. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Project management: Lead projects; define project plans; manage stakeholders, scope, schedules and expectations. Collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders on commitments timelines and deliverables. Effectively prioritize competing projects for the team; understand when to escalate.
• Program improvements: Identify, design, and execute on ideas to scale and improve the support the team provides to internal stakeholders; successfully manage all aspects of program implementation working in partnership with Sr. HR Risk & Compliance Managers and other cross-functional teams.
• Reporting and measurement: Design and develop solutions to measure progress and success and communicate with internal stakeholders; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for planning purposes.
• Business analytics: Work closely with peers and internal stakeholders to access, pull, and analyze data from a variety of HR data sources. Own and drive analyses of data to identify relationships, trends, and potential business impact; interpret data and communicate findings to Sr. HR Risk & Compliance Managers.
• Solution validation: Work closely with Sr. HR Risk & Compliance Managers, the Inspection team, and process and product owners to validate technical components of solutions meet complex pay, time and attendance obligations.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 5+ years relevant program and project management experience
• Bachelor's degree in business, HR or related field
• MS Office proficiency
• 3+ years HR project management experience
• Graduate degree and/or MBA preferred
• Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
• Experience using exceptional judgment in managing projects with high potential impact
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
• Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to delight others
• Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments; great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
• Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top