Senior Program Manager Global Operations Deep Dive
World Wide ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) has an amazing opportunity open for a lean six sigma leader to deliver breakthrough innovations by re-designing and optimizing our next generation of fulfillment centers. You'll get to drive multi-million $$ process improvements across our global network and deliver world class solutions by reinventing technology and processes for tomorrow's business challenges. We obsess over the Customer by building faster response times, reduced risk of shipment defects, and enabling the world's largest catalog of over 1 Billion unique items available online.
The role of ACES Senior Program Manager will work across team and business units at Amazon to deliver solutions to operations biggest problems, using concepts like gamification, deep data analytics of millions of daily transactions, and using your advanced continuous improvement skills.
You will join our Deep Dive team, with the unique charter to challenge conventional operations wisdom, using fact-based research to prove out controversial ideas. Our Deep Dive PM's are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven in making things better – able to push forward even (or especially) with unpopular findings – as long as the data supports them.
The Deep Dive team uses tools like Value Stream Mapping, balanced scorecards, and benchmarking to identify gaps and optimize solutions around:
- High speed, high volume automation
- Inventory storage, picking, packing and shipping
- Amazon robotics (Kiva), and
- Order management and flow software
These technologies power our largest fulfillment centers and enable us to ship millions of orders a week.
As your expertise grows, you'll guide research teams to make bold, global recommendations, and scale your project results to make an impact of hundreds of millions of dollars. Your leverage will expand by engaging and mentoring local leaders, who will then lead project execution and engage you on the most difficult tasks.
Specific skills you'll need include developing business cases in Amazon operations' complex environment, building a project road map, real-time testing in actual fulfilment centers, and supporting automation design. You will also build math models of material flow to analyze throughput and identify constraints, create simulations to improve physical process, and drive improvements in cost, quality, and safety.
- You will be an integral part of leading projects in excess of 100 Million Dollars!
- Your solutions will be used to make improvements in over 100 existing fulfillment centers and will lay the foundation for hundreds of new fulfillment centers that we are going to build.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams to adopt change
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to clearly communicate technical data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Ability to get things done and produce conclusive, measurable results within time commitments
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited university, preferably in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Certification, training, or at least 7 years of experience leading process and technology improvement projects.
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MS Project).
- Excellent verbal and written communications; able to work effectively with all levels of Associates and Managers and work effectively in a dynamic and fluid team environment, and able to document findings using structured problem solving approach.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally based on project needs
- Master's degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, or related field.
- Knowledge of analytical problem solving tools including Lean Six Sigma, statistical analysis, optimization methods, work flow modeling and capacity planning.
- Experience in applying Math/Stat/analytical tools in the CPG/Retail environment for optimization problems
- Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics
- Experience using either JMP or Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc,
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top