Senior Program Manager
The Amazon Video team is looking for a Program Manager to support rapid growth and maturity of Amazon Video.
The Amazon digital video service delivers streaming and downloadable video content to a wide variety of devices including game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-Ray players, set top boxes and mobile devices such as the Kindle Fire. The catalog contains thousands of titles, including new and popular titles as well as long-tail and self-published content. Amazon Video is available in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan. The team is committed to delivering the highest quality customer experience, from massive selection and intuitive shopping to online and living room viewing experiences.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing Operational Excellence programs primarily focused on the EU locale. Your role will include: the operation, planning, and verification of hardware fleet scaling; and, delivering projects that strengthen platform security and improving scale at the same time.
You will own functional and technical processes and framework focused on technology and services needed to build scale, efficiency, and an Amazon-caliber customer experience. You will work with internal and external stakeholders, cross-functional partners, and end-users around the world at all levels and will contribute to the OE roadmap by identifying and prioritizing customer requirements. You live and breathe data analysis, and can succinctly and accurately report your findings on systems scale, growth projections and operational improvements.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate: significant experience developing Internet-scale consumer services, strong technical judgment, exceptional attention to detail, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a deep motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Drive improvement projects that span both domestic and international development teams within Amazon
- Collaborate with senior engineering managers and engineers to architect and develop the best technical and operational design and approach, delivering value quickly to customers without sacrificing the long-term
- Design, refine and reduce the ongoing costs of operational processes
- Contribute to platform capacity planning, verification exercises, and budgeting
- Manage platform security reviews, remediation and verification
- Report on status of platform scalability and security to executive management and act quickly and decisively to resolve customer-impacting issues
- Be a guardian of world-class customer experience with video for your deliverables: continually raise the bar on business analysis and technical documentation, availability and scale improvements, learn and deploy best OE practices at Amazon, engage with other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
Position may require travel up to 20% of the time. (Some travel will be international.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required
- 4-5 years of experience as a Program Manager
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 3 years of experience managing technical and operations teams
- Proven experience building and operating high-performance, fault-tolerant, distributed computing services that scale with minimal operational load
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences and a strong track record of delivery of large, cross-functional initiatives
- Proven experience driving handling improvements to information security.
- Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
- Ability to build relationships, and influence other teams to meet goals
- Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
- Track record of complex and creative problem solving, relationship management, and the desire to create and build new processes
- Prior experience with ITIL and Six Sigma
- Experience with streaming video and knowledge of the end-to-end digital media pipeline
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top