Senior Program Manager
Amazon Video is changing the way millions of customers enjoy video. Amazon Video delivers premium content to customers through purchase and rental of movies and TV shows, unlimited on-demand streaming through Amazon Prime subscriptions, add-on channels like Showtime and HBO, and live concerts and sporting events like NFL Thursday Night Football. In total, Amazon Video offers nearly 200,000 titles and is available across a wide variety of platforms, including PCs and Macs, Android and iOS mobile devices, Fire Tablets and Fire TV, Smart TVs, game consoles, Blu-ray players, set-top-boxes, and video-enabled Alexa devices. Amazon believes so strongly in the future of video that we've launched our own studio to produce original movies and TV shows, many of which have already earned critical acclaim and top awards, including Oscars, Emmys, and Golden Globes.
We are seeking a Senior Program Manager to own end-to-end beta testing for Amazon Video's highest-profile, customer-facing initiatives. This includes building and executing large-scale beta programs by leveraging resources across the Amazon Video business. The role requires hands-on program management skills, passion for technology, and strong leadership skills. As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving interactions between teams across Amazon, defining and influencing business and technical requirements from internal and external stakeholders, driving project schedules from concept to launch, and communicating with engineering teams and senior leadership.
The scope of the role includes interfacing with all teams within Amazon Video and many other Amazon teams. Within Amazon Video, this includes the teams that develop our playback experience and the teams that provide core functionality, such as sign-up, search, browse, personalization, and localization. Beyond Amazon Video, this includes Prime, Payments, Kindle, Alexa, and more. You'll play a key role in improving the experience on Amazon Video's global website, PrimeVideo.com, which is available in over 200 countries and territories. You'll also get opportunities to travel internationally to interact directly with customers in strategic markets. As a core stakeholder in product development, you'll work on Amazon Video's most exciting new customer-facing features in the beta and pre-beta phases. You will have the freedom to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
Do you enjoy watching both live and on-demand video? Do you enjoy playing with the latest video-enabled devices? Are you motivated to constantly improve the video streaming experience? Are you excited to change the way customers consume video in the future? Do you want to play a key role in building the world's leading global video service? If you answered yes, we'd love to have you on our team.
- Coordinating and prioritizing work related to testing Amazon Video's latest unreleased products
- Driving effective, efficient communication and collaboration for projects that span multiple functions within Amazon Video and teams throughout Amazon
- Interacting with and influencing Product Managers, Vendor Managers, Technical Program Managers, and Engineering teams to define and deliver complex initiatives
- Anticipating bottlenecks, managing escalations, making tradeoffs, and balance business needs vs. technical constraints
- Defining efficient, repeatable processes that can enable the business to scale
- Taking large, complex projects and breaking them down into manageable pieces
- Interpreting customer feedback and using the analysis to drive product improvements
- Developing and disseminating critical project and program information to stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
- 5+ years of experience managing complex programs or projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Experience leading large, cross-functional and cross-team projects
- Experience developing internet products and technologies
- MBA or Masters Degree in a technical field
- Experience scripting and/or using SQL in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
- Experience with digital video streaming and/or customer-facing user interfaces
- Experience defining projects for software developers and working closely with technical teams
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top