Senior Program Manager - Digital Privacy
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon's Digital Content and Commerce Services team (DCCS) powers ordering, subscriptions and vendor payments for all of Amazon's digital and subscription businesses. We process billions of digital transactions every year and enable our digital businesses to grow their businesses worldwide. As we scale to meet the growing needs of these businesses, we are seeking an experienced Program manager to lead our privacy efforts and uphold our high bar for customer trust.
In this role you will lead high-impact, cross-org initiatives for DCCS and Digital businesses with a goal to enable business growth and drive innovation. You will help shape and deliver the Privacy experience for DCCS, partnering with leaders from various disciplines including engineering, legal and businesses to develop and implement programs to achieve compliance. You will help teams develop the principles, processes, tools, technologies, and infrastructure needed.
The ideal candidate has the ability to quickly grasp system design, data flows and other technical aspects of systems. You are an excellent translator between various part of the business and the technical teams you work with. You have a demonstrated ability to deliver multiple, high priority projects at the same time; managing numerous stakeholders, including influencing without authority; developing robust project documentation; defining and executing communication and change management plans; evaluating control effectiveness; understanding both project and enterprise risks and how to address them. You have the ability to analyze data and identify patterns, draw conclusions, and leverage risk management concepts to prioritize remediation efforts.
Key responsibilities include:
§ Partner with stakeholder teams across Amazon to understand regulations
§ Translate regulatory requirements, changing cultural norms and consumer expectations into actionable business requirements and ensure clear communication and coordination of such requirements to business and development teams.
§ Provide guidance and best practices to develop program strategy and product roadmap
§ Develop and implement mechanisms to provide proactive guidance to DCCS tech teams
§ Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues.
§ Develop and implement mechanisms to communicate risks, insights and build consensus on solutions.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience of 6+ years
• Ability to establish and maintain a culture of risk management and compliance while delivering a world class customer experience.
• Experience running multiple large programs
• Experience in a startup environment, with the ability to be adaptable, agile and work at pace.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders, across functions including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Experience with information security, privacy frameworks, privacy principles and/or compliance requirements
• Ability to grasp complex technical challenges and invent practical, sustainable solutions using data and metrics to drive the right outcome.
Back to top