Senior Program Manager - Cross-Border Transportation
- Milan, Italy
Our cross-border network is a key strategic investment intended to deliver enhanced selection to all of our European customers, at a consistent speed and quality, and with increasingly lower costs. Your challenge will be working through the interfaces between all of the operations teams as we absorb the rapid growth and innovate to maintain high standards.
As a Sr. Transportation Program Manager (PM) in the Cross-Border team, you'll work to unlock the best outcome for customers and Amazon of our EFN trans network by ensuring the best tradeoff is made across the interests of its stakeholders (FC Ops, ATS SC, ATS LH, ATS Air, FA, Finance, CS etc.). This requires taking an end-to-end view of the complexities of the EFN network, driving the performance improvement through network design levers, improved demand planning & capacity management, volume allocation between air & ground, first mile scheduling, middle mile on time performance, and last mile injection.
The role is highly cross-functional, requiring daily interfacing with 15 teams. You own DEA, Speed and Cost for the CB network and requires strong dive deep, earn trust, and ability to influence, as most inputs are owned by partner teams.
You also play a pivotal role in ensuring CB volume flows across EU borders without disruption from regional holidays, driving bans, weather disruptions civil unrest, and mitigating against internal network disruptions (sort centers, linehaul, airhaul, FCs). You will be accountable for dealing with challenging operations issues that will require a deep analysis of our distribution network and metrics, and you will have the ability to implement solutions that influence both the short and long-term operation.
So, to be successful in this role, you must be able to switch between the tactical and the strategic in order to balance day-to-day operational execution (flow management) with project deliverables (project management).
• Executes performance management metrics reviews (cost, speed, quality, etc.) for outbound transportation and derive improvement plans from it
• Drives continuous improvement initiatives with carriers, fulfilment centers, sort centers, customer service and Retail teams to improve customer experience, costs or processes
• Prepares and leads Ops calls, daily business reviews, WBRs, QBRs, CS workshops
• Advises Amazon leadership team proactively of critical situations along with the expected impact and mitigation actions planned
• Manages Transportation related escalations
• Drives root-cause analysis and the successful implementation of corrective actions with causing parties to improve service or cost, or to resolve a problem
• Drives innovation by taking ownership of new projects and its operational success
Location - Luxembourg or Milan
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
• • A degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field
• Transportation or Supply Chain experience, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment
• Excellent customer service skills and commercial understanding
• Ability to drive complex analysis, and making data driven decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
• • Master's level degree or higher preferred.
• Familiarity with operations and supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education.
• Advanced SQLAmazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top