Senior Program Manager, Complex Delivery - Amazon Logistics
- Milan, Italy
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is undergoing growth at an unprecedented level on a global scale. Our logistics teams are changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but the entire industry.
Amazon Logistics is seeking a Senior Program Manager who will be focused on the solutions targeted to minimize delivery defects and improve delivery speed to Customer in Europe. This role will work with other PMs and stakeholders to define requirements, assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
Ideal candidates will need to be able to influence and work with senior leaders across multiple organizations, and demonstrate experience balancing customer research, data analysis, project and stakeholder management, and internal/external communication. You must have sound business judgment and the ability to think strategically about this fast growing business, while being able to carry out on tactical details.
• Collect use cases / requirements, design process solutions, analyze cost/benefit, deliver on-time solutions, and communicate results throughout the organization.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders including field operations, product/tech development teams, and quality teams to implement solutions and meet the defined program standards.
• Prioritize and make trade-off decisions balancing customer experience and business value.
• Own reporting on the state of initiatives, measure improvements and impact of changes, and use data to deep-dive into issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns.
• Establish mechanisms to audit and perform necessary course corrections where needed to meet business goals
• Willing to be on road > 50% of the time to understand operation details and issues
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Experience in transportation / last mile industry
• Solid program/project management experience, delivering on large scale and cross-functional programs in support of business goals
• Experience in process improvement in logistics/ transporation / last mile industry
• Fluency in Italian and English
• Master degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Supply Chain/Operations or similar discipline.
• Solid analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and define actions
• High attention to detail and proven ability to handle multiple / complex priorities simultaneously
• Able to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Great business judgment and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
• Leadership role of a team providing day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
• The ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where strategic and tactical activities are expected to be driven in parallel
• The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across cross-matrix organizations
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top