Are you an experienced Program Manager interested in an opportunity to help drive Amazon's flywheel and develop your A to Z business understanding? Do you enjoy learning about different Amazon business types and new subsidiaries, and thinking creatively about brand new businesses that Amazon is inventing on behalf of customers? The Global Accounts Receivable (GAR) AR Launch Team is seeking a creative and passionate Senior Program Manager to help achieve our vision to provide a world-class Order-to-Cash (O2C) onboarding experience to our global business partners in support of Amazon's journey to become earth's most customer-centric company. We love to offer our customers unique world-class experiences, and we invite you to help Amazon make history!
The Senior Program Manager will have oversight of the integration of new Digital initiatives onto O2C platforms, driving effective people, processes, and technology to achieve organizational goals and deliver results. This individual will have ownership over business integration programs while standardizing the global implementation processes and driving efficiency in the Digital and platform AR space. This role will require engagement and alignment with the local and global business, finance, and operational teams, system developers and product managers. Responsibilities include supporting business initiatives through designing transactional workflows, defining requirements and testing of the solutions to ensure delivery is as expected and delivering and improving the customer experience. Implementation of mechanisms to monitor and measure performance is essential.
The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and demanding work environment is critical to success in this role. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with knowledge of program management, demonstrate strong relationship and strategic influencing skills, be experienced in large scale change management across functions and geographies, and exhibit a relentless pursuit for improvement. This individual must have a proven record of delivering results through strong program management skills, problem solving skills, influencing without authority, strong ability to prioritize, and a passion for customer experience.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
• Partner with key counterparts across geographies to launch initiatives in a scalable and cost effective manner
• Develop a solid understanding of Amazon's Finance Operations systems and processes
• Translate complex business requirements into functional designs
• Oversee comprehensive testing of systems changes and development of standard operating procedures, process documentation and performance metrics
• Manage process transitions/implementations across multiple functions and geographies
• Motivate and influence business, operational and technical teams to ensure that best practices are followed and implemented
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate risks at multiple levels
• Proactively monitor program performance to identify, address and prevent potential issues
• Address barriers through problem solving, communication and active coordination with stakeholders
• Drive effective teamwork, communication collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Order to Cash experience
• Technology and application enhancement projects
• Make data driven decisions using pre and post launch KPI's
• Strong English language skills, written and verbal
• International experience at a multinational organization a plus
• Previous experience supporting Finance Projects
• Experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques a plus
• Independent and entrepreneurial style showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• B2B industry experience a plus
• Operations experience
• Ability to travel occasionally (post COVID-19)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.