Senior Program Manager, Amazon Transportation Services
- Nashville, TN
Amazon's Transportation Shared Services Learning Team is seeking an innovative, customer-obsessed, high-ownership and data-driven program manager with excellent leadership skills and a strong delivery record to build, launch and own complex learning initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
An ideal candidate has a background in transportation, experience managing multiple priorities, and communicates effectively with employees and stakeholders of all levels. S/he has the ability to utilize program management methodologies and knowledge areas to lead large scale programs. The candidate should be highly detailed, analytical and possess the ability to pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, and standardize processes. This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The candidate is comfortable working on high-level strategy and design. They have demonstrated the ability to build solutions, drive process improvement and standardize procedures. The candidate will also be a strong influencer and oral and written communicator, with a track record of obtaining buy-in from stakeholders and leading change management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Apply sound learning principles, agile methods, learning technology and program management skills together in the design, development and maintenance of learning programs
• Develop comprehensive learning program.
• Facilitate training for new and existing team members, internal and external
• Develop standard work and/or streamline current standard work
• Continual, tactical communication with internal and external customers
• Ability to pull and analyze data
• Lead projects to identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon's Surface Transportation operations.
• Work with cross-functional partners to develop and execute programs and strategies
• Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met.
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to convey updates on programs and projects
• A completed Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years Management experience in manufacturing, production, or distribution environment
• Cross-functional project management experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently
• High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Willingness to challenge and influence big leaders
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top