Senior Program Manager, ACES
- Iaşi, Romania
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Are you passionate about finding process improvements with impact to global programs and customers? Do you like to develop relationships with cross-functional teams with the goal of creating customer-centric solutions that drive measurable results? Are you a self-starter and open to learning through working hands-on with minimal direction? Amazon is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join its PARS (Product Assurance, Risk, and Security) organization's ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) team that will design standardized business workflows with mechanisms to sustain these across all worldwide compliance programs.
ACES combines Amazon values and technology with the best of lean management and six sigma to achieve operations excellence. The team will build systems based on standard processes across all product lines, while having functionality and flexibility to support the unique marketplace requirements. At PARS, we sit at the intersection of operational processes spanning product assurance, risk, and security. With millions of customers visiting us every day to find, discover, and buy products, we're obsessed with making the shopping experience the best it can be - and PARS is part of that experience. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Senior Program Manager will play a critical role in the development and application of ACES in our worldwide compliance, technology, and operations teams. We are seeking an individual who utilizes Lean Six Sigma based continuous improvement methodologies to engage teams to solve customer problems. You will drive speed, quality, and simplification by eliminating rework loops, reducing and automating manual work and hand-offs, identifying and implementing best practices across the business, and minimizing process variability through standardization and automation. You will execute these priorities through ACES initiatives, Kaizen events, and by supporting critical programs and projects.
This position requires a candidate with proven leadership ability and judgment to motivate others to achieve impeccable quality in an explosive growth and deadline-driven environment. You will lead critical projects that remove waste from our business processes and improve the link between technology teams and the user community. You will diagnose Amazon processes, identify improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies, and guide the improvement effort. You will be responsible for leading and driving process improvements (short-term wins) as well as process design / redesign (long-term wins) efforts. You will be a caretaker for global best practice documentation and facilitate sharing across the globe. Your success will be enabled by maintaining close relationships with internal stakeholders and understanding our highest priority execution pain-points and opportunities, which you will translate into ACES initiatives that improve processes, tools, and team capabilities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Technical (Engineering, Operations Management, Mathematics, Science) Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification with 7+ years of successful project leadership experience and facilitation of large cross-functional teams in business operations and technology process improvement areas
• Experience with written and verbal communications for both technical and non-technical audiences at the senior leadership level
• Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification
• Advanced skills in statistical analyses
• Experience deploying transactional lean, manufacturing lean, variation reduction, and Design for Six Sigma methodologies
• Facilitation experience at all levels of the organization with both large and small audiences
• Experience managing Kaizen schedule, coordinating Kaizen efforts, and ensuring timely project benefit validation
• Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics, providing metrics inputs to various reporting venues, and communicating key performance indicators to stakeholders in support of business objectives
• Proven experience in working with large scale technology systems
• 5+ years' experience instructing executives, managers, associates, and continuous improvement champions on Lean methodologies and/or technology projects.
• Self-starter who takes the initiative and works with minimal direction
• Maniacal customer obsession and excellent expectation management abilities
• Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate with cross functional teams
• Courageous and willing to stand up for your ideas within appropriate guidelines
• Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analyzing data to challenge conventional wisdom, make fact-based decisions, and drive root cause analysis, and evaluate outcomes
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
• Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Master's degree (MBA, Engineering, Operations Management, Mathematics, Science).
Back to top