Senior Program Manager
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Amazon started in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Amazon has great opportunities for professionals wishing to pursue a career as a leader in finance Operations. We know that learning through experience is what transforms talented people into great leaders. Our Operations environment presents the candidates with great challenges in dealing with front line management, and driving scalable and continuous improvements across our transportation teams worldwide. Our Finance Managers work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are the trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Transportation Controllership is focused on providing program management leadership for a dynamic and rapidly growing Transportation business. You will work with stakeholders in Accounting, Finance and various transportation technology teams to coordinate the creation of invoice payment and month end processes for new business launches.
This is the perfect position with someone who possess project management experience preferably with a systems/tools component, excellent analytical skills, and have a proven track record of delivering projects in a complex and ambiguous environment. You will requires excellent project management skills, strategic thinking, relationship building, problem solving, and strong communication skills. A track record of on-time delivery of projects coupled with the ability to operate independently and autonomously are key to the success of this role. You will help develop effective milestones and launch schedules for this work. The ideal candidate will anticipate and resolve bottlenecks while balancing business needs and escalating where appropriate.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Communicate with stakeholders, leaders, users, and technical teams to collect requirements, evaluate and recommend alternatives, develop processes and tools and provide updates on intermittent milestones
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs and propose corrective actions to keep the projects moving forward
• Work with stakeholders across the transportation teams to uncover dependencies and create action plans around those dependencies
• Working with Accounting, Auditing, Finance and business to solve project requirements
• Create a "learn by doing" environment by engaging with business and technology to promote and encourage continued customer focus
• Proven expertise in program and project management in cross-functional roles with significant scope.
• Experience in Transportation Supply Chain Management
• Proven ability to influence stakeholders without holding decision making authority.
• Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities & provide level-headed guidance during unexpected events.
• Ability to self-start and create direction in a rapidly changing and often ambiguous environment.
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias.
• PMP and MBA degree combination will be preferred with experience of handling small to mid sized teams.
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
• Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
• Familiarity with concepts of Accounting Principles
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• Experience delivering cross functional projects
• Experience in program or project management
• Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
Professional traits necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits sound business judgment
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Dives deep and is result oriented
• Thinks big and has conviction
• Works in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm
• MBA and/ or Professional certification + relevant experience
• Proven experience within a Logistics, Transportation, or Distribution Center processes and systems
• Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
• Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
• Solid Project Management Skills
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau and Excel) and other financial systems such (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
Back to top