Senior Program Manager
- Bengaluru, India
"Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones." - Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com - a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth's most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched www.amazon.in for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In 4 years of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 100 million products across hundreds of categories. We are transforming the way India buys and sells and our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always "Day 1" and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India. Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions.
• Team placement are based on business needs and as Amazon continues to grow and flex, we are looking for candidates who want to own, build and impact the customer experience and are flexible
• Make sure to list your MBA program and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application
• A cover letter is not necessary
Senior Program Manager: Amazon's CS Customer Experience Team is looking for an experienced Sr. Program Manager who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment. The Customer Experience Team within Customer Service uses customer activity data, feedback and metrics to identify customer pain points, then advocates for and drives change throughout the organization to reduce defects and improve customer experience. As Program Manager you will collaborate with business and development teams across the company to define functional requirements, high level process and technical solutions, and manage all aspects of the project execution - including writing business requirements, maintaining the project schedule, resolving or mitigating issues and risks, and communicating results throughout the organization. The successful candidate will be a person who works well with global and cross-functional teams of project or product manager, business managers, operations, and software development in maintaining and delivering on a pipeline of customer impacting projects. In addition, they enjoy and excel at working with tech teams to resource, prioritize and manage tech readiness for critical business projects.
• Advocate on behalf of the Customer during all tech engagements to ensure a consistent high-bar on excellence and project delivery.
• Drive technology initiatives to improve end-to-end Customer Experience.
• Manage all key technical aspects of the Customer Service and Experience improvement
• Deliver product/program quality improvements based on Customer feedback and core Customer Service performance measurements.
• Identify opportunities to develop and drive solutions to enable automated tools and applications for self-service
• Collaborate with other worldwide CS, business teams, product managers and technical teams to continuously innovate and redesign programs to better serve our customers.
• Lead the effective and efficient delivery of large complex cross-functional projects.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Gain consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate projects are prioritized
• Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Define, prioritize and plan the Projects that will need to be implemented, gaining alignment with all appropriate levels within Amazon's Customer Service (CS).
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Program and/or Product Management or leading software development projects with aggressive schedules.
• Proficient knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes.
• 3+ years of experience working with cross functional technical teams and business units to design, develop, and implement new systems or solutions.
• Familiarity with agile methodologies.
• Analytical thinker with a proven ability to probe, question and get "under the hood" of established business operations and processes.
• Demonstrated capability to manage multiple, disparate projects and/or stakeholder groups
• Experience with one or more of the following tools: - SPSS, SAS, R or other statistical software packages - SQL or comparable data querying packages - Excel skills (intermediate to advanced proficiency)
• Pursuing Full-Time MBA and expected to graduate by 2019 or already graduated
• For applicants from Invite-Only-Campuses
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities
• Ability to use hard data and metrics to make and support decisions
• Demonstrate organizational skills, flexibility and ability to produce results in a fast paced environment.
• Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• MBA Degree - Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills - Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, ambiguous environment - Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads - Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions - Ability to lead projects in a matrix organizatio
• You possess permanent authorization to work in the country of application and DOES NOT need any visa support.
• Please note that Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to achieve equal employment for all persons without discrimination.
• If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability, you may contact your placement team
Back to top