Senior Program Manager
- San Diego, CA
Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? What would you do to create a trusted marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction? Amazon is seeking a Senior Program Manager who is passionate about Operations, has strong bias for action, and has experience leading multi-organizational projects for our Buyer Risk Investigations Team.
We are seeking a Senior Program Manager who can take up process improvement initiatives in payments risk space to reduce bad-debt and improve productivity thereby driving down cost.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project Management: Lead projects for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new feature, service, product, or system. Gather business requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities, and develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project. Snr. Program Managers contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints.
Change Management & Innovation: Develops and/or influences new ideas/approaches. Establishes procedures, plans and practices which promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and sustainability of desired results in complex operational environments. Develops strategies to enhance decision making.
Results & Accountability: Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained across the organization. Takes corrective action, as appropriate. Strong commitment towards goals and outcomes and to ensure the completion within established timeframes. Drives and facilitates moderately complex projects; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes.
Reporting: Reporting on progress of multiple projects, providing regular updates to senior management.
Drive a Zero Defect culture by managing controllable root-cause defects and ensure implementation of controls and minimize losses.
Collaboration: Partners with (advises and supports) the global process owners, Site leaders, Operation managers in identifying, defining and executing various process improvement projects
Planning: Coordinate Quality Assurance plan, baselining metrics, setting and monitoring goals.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Development: Build and document the SOP specific to the investigation and quality assurance processes, and work to deploy globally.
Communication: Drive weekly meetings to review metrics including investigation quality, service level agreements, and system misses. Identify root causes and create action plans to address. Hold team members accountable for progress on key program actions.
We are seeking a Snr. Program Manager to drive down variations and implement global solutions to improve our global investigation processes. You will lead a large distributed team focused and determined to improve operational efficiency throughout the process life-cycle.
One of the key aspects of the role is ownership of a particular Operational Business Function and driving the appropriate process improvements. As the owner you will drive operational cost improvements, overall quality and customer experience, resource planning, appropriate training and necessary tools, decision quality and process efficiency.
• Bachelors degree
• 5+ years of project management experience
• 5+ years of experience leading projects in an Operations environment
• Proven Knowledge of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve Control) problem solving techniques
• Demonstrated knowledge of program management lifecycle, and skilled at project management tools
• Proven analytic skills
• Minimum 4 years of large scale project management experience in leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
• Minimum 4 years of experience working in an Operations environment, driving improvements that have resulted in measurable business impact
• Proven analytical aptitude, including the ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets
• Six sigma green belt level capabilities in deconstructing processes and metrics, to identify areas of opportunity and lead the development and implementation of new processes
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and work under tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and handle various projects simultaneously to drive timely results
• Ability to deliver results with self-initiative and determination in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
• Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
• Ability to drive projects efficiently in a cross-functional environment by establishing respect and confidence in the business and technical communities
• Ability to motivate and focus people resources where there is no direct reporting relationship
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Certified Six Sigma Green/Black Belt
• Experience leading learning development programs
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top