Senior Program Manager
- Arlington, VA
Amazon hires thousands of students around the world each year, and this talent is critical to achieving Amazon's mission of being earth's most customer-centric company. The Senior Program Manager will serve the critical role of leading one of the Devices businesses key Student Program initiatives. This role will partner strategically with Devices TA leaders, business leaders, Student Programs and external partners.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible to:
• Build strategy and execute on program goals and deliverables.
• Analyze and leverage diversity data to formulate and drive strategies and initiatives.
• Partner with internal stakeholders and CAP team members for program planning and delivery.
• Develop and execute to short-term and long-range program goals and milestones.
• Lead conversations with stakeholders and business leaders for program planning and updates to ensure alignment and progress.
• Provide consultative approach to internal and external student program partnerships
• Provide inputs into org-wide communications and documents
• Manage ad-hoc requests and questions from managers across Devices businesses.
• Stay connected to innovative DEI-focused professionals and organizations to share and learn the best practices and innovations.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Proven ability to influence without authority and support/represent cross-functional teams across levels, geographies, and cultures
• Experience writing narratives and presenting to senior business leaders
• Excellent communication skills, paired with sound business judgment and ability to see around corners
• Analytical experience producing reporting and data-driven insights
• Experience measuring program impact against pre-defined success metrics
• Understanding of how to use data and calculated risk-taking to drive innovative change
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment
• Previous experience in student programming in either an academic or professional setting
• Understanding of how to integrate key concepts of belonging, inclusion, and diversity into existing programs and practices
• Previous experience providing subject matter expertise, strategic planning, thought leadership, coaching, education and consultancy to leaders to drive key DEI business outcomes
• Strategic mindset with a bias for action and creative problem solving
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top