Do you want to reinvent shopping on Amazon? With ever expanding selection, and ambient computing looming on the horizon, it's time to create a new shopping experience, beyond search & browse, helping busy customers easily find low-regret products that meet their in-the-moment need. It's time to leverage big data and machine learning to generate relevant and trustworthy recommendations for billions of shopping journeys through billions of products, and to make it easy and natural for customers to discover those recommendations. It's time for Amazon's Choice.
Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated, well-priced, low-regret products, which are available to ship immediately. It has struck a chord with customers, by simplifying their shopping journeys and helping them find great products, and is scaling rapidly as a result. But it's still Day 1. There are many more opportunities to grow this recommendation system and improve the quality of the products we recommend.
In this position you will build collaborative relationships with partners across the company in order to improve the trustworthiness of Amazon's Choice picks. You will lead a program to systematically identify defects, deep dive to find root causes, and drive automated solutions to prevent at scale. You will work with product managers and stakeholders to drive process and workflow improvements that deliver results in measurements of customers' trust in Amazon's Choice.
Our trust program leader is right a lot, works efficiently both independently and through others, and must routinely deliver results on time. They possess a global view of their business and think in terms of automating, expanding, and scaling solutions broadly. The Senior Program Manager for Trust will be expected to:
• Manage the Amazon's Choice escalation process, improving how we capture feedback from internal teams WW and from 3rd parties, in order to identify root causes for trust defects and process improvements to prevent them more proactively and systematically
• Manage annotation and investigation processes which will involve defining SOPs, working with partner teams in Alexa Shopping and across Amazon
• Synthesize key trends identified through annotations, investigations and escalations, to identify feature gaps, opportunities for SOP improvement or high judgment decisions
• Work closely across Amazon teams on policies, processes and tools related to trust protection for Amazon's Choice
• Define processes targeted at improving key measures of customer trust and drive improvement
• Improve measurement of customer trust and risk vectors
• Contribute to the development of scalable frameworks and tools that speed up both decision making and accuracy for the organization
• Be a key influencer in team strategy and contribute significantly to overall team planning and organizational culture
• Navigate discordant views, find the best way forward, and influence stakeholders around a solution
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a program manager or similar role, preferably with a global focus.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
• Basic analytics: Ability to run basic SQL queries and deep dive in excel
• Strong active listener with solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience in e-commerce environment.
• Master's degree in relevant field.
• Exceptional people skills, with ability to calmly navigate rough waters and negotiate win-win solutions.
• A passion for raising the bar to protect customer trust and a strong bias for action in addressing and resolving critical threats to both Amazon's customers and brand reputation.
• Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to invent, simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
• Program Management experience showing ability to organize tasks, prioritize competing demands, find solutions, and follow through to successful conclusions
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.