Senior Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? How to help our Amazon Business continue to grow and where millions of businesses can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction? Amazon is seeking a Senior Program Manager who is passionate about our Customers, has strong bias for action, and has experience leading multi-organizational projects.
Payments Risk designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com. Not only do we protect all aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, we also deliver services to large and small merchants hosted on the Amazon platform. In addition, we evaluate new business opportunities from across the company to determine how we can minimize the risk associated with new initiatives.
We are seeking a Sr. Program Manager to drive the objectives and goals for Payment Risk operations team. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring understanding of product/technical infrastructure and stakeholder expectations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Tool and Security Launches: Payment Risk works to mitigate instances of security risks across Amazon's internal services. We partner with InfoSec, Internal Audit and Legal teams to (1) work with service owners to set access control mechanisms that minimize our exposure to internal risk, (2) implement detection mechanisms to surface abnormal user activity, and (3) identify and address the gaps which may facilitate any form of abuse. This role will drive the objectives of security risks associated with operations tools and processes and implement global solutions for mitigation and prevention. The candidate will:
Program manage various tools launch, support configuration and provide expert advice for business needs.
• Develop use cases by gathering business requirements and work with software development and product teams to build required features.
• Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple operating units. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track exceptions.
• Understand change and use change management strategies and tactics to support projects. Ensures communication, training, and production support.
• Monitor project plans, secures resources, and drive change management strategies; collaborate effectively to achieve project goals.
• Establish the scope of the project and clearly define In-Scope and Out-Scope of the project.
• Reports and tracks all critical tasks in project. Follows right escalation channel to ensure delivery as planned.
• Effectively communicate - understands who needs information, what information is needed, who would provide that information and when the information is needed. Is also able to write good narratives and business cases. Independently plan and scope audits, execute audit plans, perform data analytics, prepare written findings, and facilitate business responses and action items.
• Provide consultative support to business partners to identify opportunities for control improvements with the objective of mitigating risk and improving financial and operational performance.
• Participate in adhoc assignments and investigations as need arises.
Project Management: Lead projects for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new feature, service, product, or system. Gather business requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities, and develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project.
Change Management & Innovation: Develops and/or influences new ideas/approaches. Establishes procedures, plans and practices which promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and sustainability of desired results in complex operational environments. Develops strategies to enhance decision making.
Results & Accountability: Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained across the organization. Takes corrective action, as appropriate. Strong commitment towards goals and outcomes and to ensure the completion within established timeframes. Drives and facilitates moderately complex projects; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes.
Reporting: Reporting on progress of multiple projects, providing regular updates to senior management.
Collaboration: Partners with (advises and supports) the global process owners, Site leaders, Operation managers in identifying, defining and executing various process improvement projects
Planning: Coordinate Quality Assurance plan, baselining metrics, setting and monitoring goals.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Development: Build and document the SOP specific to the investigation and quality assurance processes, and work to deploy globally.
Communication: Drive weekly meetings to review metrics including investigation quality, service level agreements, and system misses. Identify root causes and create action plans to address. Hold team members accountable for progress on key program actions.
• The role may require up to 30% travel, including some international travel.
• Bachelors degree
• 5+ years of project management experience
• 5+ years of experience leading projects in an Operations environment
• Proven Knowledge of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve Control) problem solving techniques
• Demonstrated knowledge of program management lifecycle, and skilled at project management tools
• Proven analytic skills
• Minimum 5 years of large scale project management experience in leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in an Operations environment, driving improvements that have resulted in measurable business impact
• Proven analytical aptitude, including the ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets
• Six sigma green or black belt level capabilities in deconstructing processes and metrics, to identify areas of opportunity and lead the development and implementation of new processes
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and work under tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and handle various projects simultaneously to drive timely results
• Ability to deliver results with self-initiative and determination in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
• Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
• Ability to drive projects efficiently in a cross-functional environment by establishing respect and confidence in the business and technical communities
• Ability to motivate and focus people resources where there is no direct reporting relationship
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Experience leading learning development programs
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top