Senior Program Manager
Are you passionate about improving the customer experience? Do you like to dive deep to understand how customer-centric solutions drive measurable results? Does coordinating global projects across multiple teams and countries sound exciting to you? If so, the Seller Support Team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to manage projects that improve both the customer experience and our internal teams' ability to support our third-party sellers globally.
Third-party sellers represent significant value to Amazon's online retail customers, and Seller Support helps drive success for these sellers through a combination of people, processes and services. We are a primary interface between Sellers and Amazon by direct interaction between our Associates and Sellers, by building communication and tools that Sellers use to receive help, and by driving cross-functional initiatives to improve the Associate and Seller experience.
As a Senior Program Manager you will be responsible for coordinating with multiple teams globally to help drive business transformation as we continue to scale our business. In this high profile role, you will collaborate with numerous operational and software development teams to identify, define, and specify solutions that create the conditions for Associate and Seller success. You will build collaborative relationships with these partners, working closely with them to execute large scale change with a focus on driving adoption of new processes and tools. You will also prepare and present regular program updates to senior management.
To be successful, you must be able to:
- Manage cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders to enable the launch of new projects and processes.
- Develop strategies to drive multiple product launches simultaneously
- Partner with Product and Tech teams to identify and scope solutions for unique challenges faced by each of the business units globally.
- Understand customer needs, define clear project plans and execute to high expectations in a rapidly changing environment.
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Associate success firmly as the focus.
- Identify and analyze data and anecdotal input from Sellers and Associates to identify and isolate issues, test solutions and prioritize competing program opportunities.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders and senior management.
- 10+ Years of project / program management is required.
- 10+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional projects.
- 8+ years leading projects with global impact.
- Bachelor's degree is required
Demonstrated ability of working in complex cross cultural environments to drive business process change.
- Experience developing operational processes and process improvements.
- Track record of delivering programmatic goals and managing complex projects.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results across diverse cultures from inception to completion.
Excellent planning and execution skills. Meticulous and methodical, detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to dive deep and ask the right questions.
- Proven track record of achieving insight through analytic or quantitative methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated ability to drive high velocity, agile software program
- Six Sigma Black belt, PMP or similar certification
- MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top