Senior Product Security Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Come and build the future with us. Our mission is to keep AWS customers safe and secure by helping them detect and remediate vulnerabilities at never before seen scale.
Amazon Inspector helps AWS customers improve their security posture by continuously monitoring their cloud infrastructure and associated workloads against vulnerabilities and exposures. When it comes to security, time is of the essence. Our goal is to help our customers quickly discover and remediate vulnerabilities that poses the greatest risk to their organization. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance. Security Services are crucial for long-term success of AWS and it is the future of AWS. We are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs.
Are you passionate about discovering software vulnerabilities, creating exploits and remediations? Amazon Inspector is looking for a seasoned Security Engineer with a strong cybersecurity background, problem-solving abilities, and customer obsession. You will help us uncover groundbreaking security features to improve our customers security posture. We are looking for someone who can balance technical risks against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. You must have the passion for engineering solutions to complex security challenges, and recognize and fill gaps in capabilities. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of operating system security, network security, cryptography, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
Job responsibilities include defining customer use cases and requirements, designing and prototyping security solutions, driving security value into software services, educating customers on product features and best practices, and educating stakeholders on best practices and standards. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who are well versed in vulnerability detection & management, vulnerability remediation tools & practices, and compliance standards.
As a security engineer, you will:
• Identify and drive continuous feature improvements.
• Evaluate complex business and technical requirements, communicating inherent security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
• Apply secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modeling and security testing
• Influence decision-makers and stakeholders throughout the organization in multiple teams to achieve a consistently high security bar
• Create security guidance and documentation for external customer consumption.
• Develop security tools and automation.
• Develop and deliver security training and outreach to AWS customers.
This position can be located in Herndon, VA or Arlington, VA.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our teams are either working from the Herndon or Arlington (HQ2) offices in Virginia, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10 am to 5 pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We're committed to the growth and development of every member of the Inspector team, and that includes our Security Engineers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire Security org and deliver site-wide initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams. Inspector is a growth environment - we're hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You'll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have get to hire & develop other leaders along the way.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with any combination of at least 3 technical disciplines, including the following: vulnerability detection and exploit creation, cloud security, network security, application security, mobile security, identity and access management, network architecture, system administration, and systems engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in security practices with a focus on vulnerability assessment and management.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in information security and industry or government certifications and compliance.
• MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering.
• Knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
• Experience with multiple programming languages (such as Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl) for both tool development and code review
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top