Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customersincluding the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agenciesare using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Product Marketing is responsible for developing crisp, highly differentiated, and compelling positioning and messaging for AWS and its services. We tell AWS's most important and interesting stories to educate customers about what is possible when you build on AWS.
We are looking for an experienced product marketing leader to join the Analytics Services Product Marketing team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create messaging, positioning, and content for our Amazon Redshift business. Working closely with product management, you will own the marketing strategy and work with other AWS marketing teams to execute on that strategy and to promote AWS analytics in the market.
Strong preference for this position to be in Seattle WA or San Francisco/ Bay Area CA, but open to near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Own messaging and positioning of AWS analytics and related services
• Test and refine new marketing approaches and channels to reach and engage key audiences
• Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides, etc.)
• Build and maintain strong relationships with product management and engineering teams and work with them to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
• Engage with Press/Journalists/Industry Analysts as appropriate
• Identify and execute on breakthrough product marketing activities that reach target audiences effectively
• Own website, email, and social media content
• Work effectively across AWS with groups including sales, business development, recruiting, and evangelists to achieve business goals
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training, or product marketing/management
• 5+ years demonstrated track record in crafting positioning and marketing content
• A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science OR 7+ years relevant industry experience in marketing of technical products
• Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
• Experience with launching new and disruptive services and growing awareness and adoption for them
• Technology evangelism skills and experience
• Experience driving field enablement, and event planning and execution
• Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership to drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 116,100 - 160,000/ yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Benefits overview: https://amazon.jobs/en/internal/landing_pages/benefitsoverview-us