Senior Product Marketing Manager - Amazon EC2
Do you have a passion for what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? Do you want to revolutionize the way people consume compute resources to help them accelerate innovation and save money? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions? Are you one of those rare technologists as comfortable working with engineering teams, as talking with a journalist? The AWS EC2 Product Marketing team is hiring!
In this role, you will define the strategy for how we communicate to our customers about Amazon EC2 Spot and other EC2 services to drive the success of the business across all audiences. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, creating the most compelling content to help customers understand our value proposition, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption of the Amazon EC2 and Spot services. You'll get to work on a large-scale business, and have a big impact every day.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our services can help take their applications to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. In 2015, AWS launched more than 700 new features and services, and we are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the development of all value propositions, core content, marketing programs, and go-to-market activities for Amazon EC2 and Spot
- Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, presentations, how to guides etc.)
- Work with Solutions Architects to develop technical content including white papers and reference architectures
- Work with engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
- Build and maintain positive relationships with industry analysts
- Engage with Press/Journalists as appropriate
- Identify and execute on breakthrough product marketing activities that reach target audience effectively
- Own Website content and 3rd party Social Media content
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, product management, and evangelists to achieve business goals
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as product marketing, pre-sales, consulting, or product management
- A Bachelors degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
- A bias for action for developing awesome marketing assets (product videos, web content)
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services
- Deep knowledge of key content delivery and application performance technologies
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- The candidate must also be a strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
- MBA and/or computer science, engineering, technology background
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top