Senior Product Marketing Manager
Amazon Business is a new marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses.
We are passionate about building a rare shopping experience with access to hundreds of millions of products, business-only selection, free two-day shipping (on eligible orders of $49 or more), business pricing, multi-user business accounts, approval workflow, business payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated business customer support and much more.
We now have more than one million business customers since launching in April of 2015 and access to more than 85,000 business sellers. We serve businesses of all sizes and across industries, including hospitals, educational institutions, labs, daycares, government agencies, restaurants, Fortune 50 companies and sole proprietors.
You will be responsible for running the business readiness of product launch initiatives as well as working closely with the Analyst Relations team to lead the Amazon Business value propositions and building our industry-facing product positioning.
You will create and drive strategy and tactics to effectively communicate key differentiators for AB products and industry solutions. In this role, you will work closely with the Product Management team on roadmap initiatives and build launch communication plans for new products and features.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of launch management experience and a demonstrating successful AR program management. You will need to have the ability to quickly understand technically deep topics, successfully deliver on numerous collaborative projects, and manage day-to-day operations related to program activities in a global organization. You will need a strong ability to synthesize technical data and translate roadmap features into value added positioning for the field. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers.
- Manage new global product launch initiatives and build supporting marketing collateral
- Work with marketing stakeholders to drive launch plans and partner with field and content teams
- Develop and execute Amazon Business Analyst Relations programs to educate the analyst community
- Partner with central PR and AR as the Amazon Business Marketing SME
- Write presentations and prepare AB Executives for engaging with analysts
- Drive alignment with sales, marketing and product teams to maximize awareness of customer requirements, existing market evidence, and build new market research programs to better understand our customer segments
- Build sales training materials to enable successful new product launches
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelors degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as B2B product marketing, analyst relations, technical marketing, or product management
- 5+ years in a product marketing function
- Background in working with Sr Management so you can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
- A bias for action for developing awesome marketing assets (product videos, web content)
- Experience in supporting Sales, Product, and/or Marketing teams at a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical organization
Skills and Competencies:
- Clearly understands technology and can extract business/solution value
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
- Deep knowledge of key content delivery and application performance technologies
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously Superior oral and written communication skills
- Have relentlessly high standards and a high attention to detail
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- MBA and/or technology background
- 7+ years of product marketing experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top