Senior Product Manager, Technical - Onsite Publishing
Do you want to help change the way customers shop on Amazon? Join the onsite publishing team!
Our vision is to increase convenience for customers by making Amazon a one-stop-shop for product research & discovery – through sourcing, integrating, valuing, and compensating third party content (both customer generated and professional) on Amazon.
In this position, you will define product vision, requirements, go-to-market strategy, and tirelessly champion the needs of our customers, internal partners, and publishers. The role is inherently cross-functional across functions and teams, and will be visible at the highest levels of the company.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- Fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Tech savvy. This position requires a solid grasp of technical concepts and a passion for technology. While you do not need a software development background, you will need to be able to work with a technical team on a technical product.
- Scrappy. The Onsite Publishing team operates like a start-up – we're moving fast and learning and adapting along the way. We're looking for people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and solve a variety of problems.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Develop a product strategy, vision, and roadmap for a portfolio of products and related backend services
- Communicate and share the vision effectively with leadership and throughout the company
- Partner with other Amazon teams to develop shared technologies as well as to vet use cases, requirements, and priorities
- Partner with Publishers to create publishing tools and payment models
- Work closely with engineering, UX, business development, and marketing to define, develop, and launch new features and products
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs
- 5+ years relevant product management experience.
- Ability to prioritize complex deliverables, and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer experience intuition and proven ability to develop products that customers love
- Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor degree in a related field is required
MBA or advanced technical degree
Hands on roll out of a WW product
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top