Senior Product Manager, Technical - Gift Cards
- Seattle, WA
Interested in accelerating a growing business? Part of the Amazon Consumer Payments organization, Amazon's fast growing Gift Card (GC) business significantly contributes to the company's profitability. The GC team is responsible for creating and enhancing 14 gift card and stored value products sold globally through a variety of channels including the Amazon website, corporate sales, and Brick & Mortar third-party retail stores. Our product lines include electronic gift cards, physical cards, and programmatic interfaces that allow on demand gift card issuance for corporate partners.
We are looking for a seasoned product manager - technical to join our Gift Cards team to drive ideation, evaluation and investment recommendations for our set of Gift Card APIs. Our APIs are consumed by our largest partners across all regions globally, leveraging a suite of features and functionality that support world class customer experiences. Joining our team you will be responsible for spearheading new products, business models and partnerships related to stored value (e.g., gift card) and marketing services (e.g., coupons, promotions) to deliver superior customer experiences resulting in increased sales and/or profitability.
As the Senior Product Manager -Technical, you'll gain exposure to all facets of the Gift Cards business from monitoring internal investments along with consumer, industry and competitive trends to developing requirements and execution plans for the products you'll build. You will lead cross functional teams of Amazon stakeholders to turn your vision into a reality. You will be responsible for building the business case, defining the end-to-end solution, owning the product roadmap, prioritizing resources, and delivering innovative products in a timely fashion that will transform the payments industry.
• Research and identify opportunities to innovate on behalf of customers and further distinguish Amazon's Gift Card product offerings
• Establish the vision, goals and business metrics for a best-in-class API product suite
• Specify market requirements for current and future products, conducting market research supported with on-going, intimate knowledge of existing customers and non-customers (prospects and competitors)
• Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to design and launch
• Drive product plans across stakeholders (e.g., Development/Engineering, Customer Experience, Usability, Operations, Account Management, Legal/Compliance and Accounting)
• Develop and implement go-to-market plans, working with internal and external stakeholders to execute
• Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers and Amazon.com
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of software product management or program management
• Proven experience identifying customer needs, inventing new ways to meet those needs and translating them into business and product requirements
• Proven track record of owning and delivering innovative customer-facing products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with cross-functional technology project management experience
• Demonstrated strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills, with an ability to pull together disparate data sets to solve ambiguous business problems
• Expertise in technology development best practices and product management methodology
• MBA strongly preferred
• A unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms a vision into a reality
• Payments industry experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top