Senior Product Manager - Technical
- Seattle, WA
Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) is looking for a dynamic and seasoned product leader to help define and build the future of cloud computing. Customers around the world rely on Amazon EC2 to provide elastic, high performance, secure, and cost effective resources to scale their infrastructure to keep up with their changing business needs. Within EC2, you will work with a team that delivers one of the broadest portfolio of compute products and services in the cloud, with diverse customers ranging from startups to well-known enterprises. As a member of the broader EC2 Product Management team, you'll join other highly respected product and engineering leaders to create the future of the computing platform.
We are looking for a senior product manager who will own and drive product management across a range of EC2 compute offerings across compute, storage, network and accelerated computing. You will be responsible for end to end ownership of current and new platforms targeting a broad spectrum of customer workloads across mission critical, enterprise, emerging domains (e.g. SAP, HPC, ML/AI, Edge etc.). You will work on defining new compute models and intercepting new emerging technologies to help meet critical customer requirements, incentivize new migrations to the EC2 cloud, and helping drive the overall business. You will have strong ownership over portfolio strategy, product definition, feature prioritization, messaging, pricing, adoption, customer interaction, sales enablement, and team development.
Working closely with and across agile teams, you will be able to see and feel the impact of your work on our customers. This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS leadership.
The ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and is deeply passionate about working with great teams that deliver the highest quality services. You are naturally customer centric and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and solid communication skills.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in a computer science or engineering field.
• 5+years of product management experience preferably with IT Infrastructure including compute, storage networking and/or Internet business experience.
• 5+ years of product management experience in delivering successful products.
• 5+ years of experience in translating customer needs into features, product packaging, appropriate pricing models, positioning and delivering an excellent customer experience.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Masters in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics and/or MBA
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with data center technologies, virtualization and public cloud
• Demonstrated success in delivering high quality technology products/services in a scale up environment where priorities can shift rapidly
• Experience in driving a high level of focus
• Experience driving a technical global product team with end to end inbound and outbound product responsibilities
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and top rated analytical thinking skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top