AWS is hiring a Senior Product Manager to lead its observability offering helping customers to detect issues faster and reducing mean time to resolution with AWS monitoring services like Amazon CloudWatch and AWS X-Ray. In this role, the Product Manager would be defining the AWS wide strategic vision for Observability, define and execute on the multi-year roadmap, collaborate with other AWS monitoring teams, integrate with partner solutions, and drive collaboration with open source communities. This is a highly visible role that touches ingestion of Observability data across services including ECS, EKS, and Lambda for distributed application built using microservices architecture and defining the debugging and triaging experience to detect application performance issues along with increase in error and fault rates. You will be working closely with open source community in leading the effort to enhance, contribute, and drive collection of traces, metrics, and logs using OpenTelemetry SDKs, APIs, and collection agent. OpenTelemetry is a Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) project enabling customers to instrument their application once and collect correlated metrics, logs, and traces and send to one or more AWS destinations like AWS X-Ray, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS Managed Service for Prometheus, as well as partner monitoring solutions including Datadog, New Relic, Splunk, and others.
As the Senior Product Manager for the AWS Observability offering, you will:
• Understand our customers (developers!) inside and out via regular calls, visits, customer briefings, customer advisory board, data analysis, and travel to conferences, summits and customer sites.
• Develop product strategy and vision and translate it into clear deliverables helping customers to detect and resolve issues faster using logs, metrics, and traces.
• Make business decisions that grow adoption and usage of our open source tools and services.
• Work closely with our engineering teams to design and deliver components in an agile process.
• Launch new features and make sure our sales, marketing, documentation and PR teams reflect a compelling observability story.
• Identify new product opportunities and write their business proposals.
• Drive coordination and clear communication of a multi-product roadmap, working across multiple groups.
• Work closely with other stakeholders on upstream community engagement.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. You will have the opportunity to work with mentors who can help you grow your skills and provide the support needed to be successful as a PM at AWS.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years of technical product management experience with a passion for building new technology.
• 2+ years experience creating developer-focused products, such as SDKs, tools, or platforms.
• Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills at a level suitable for presentation to senior executives. Must effectively communicate with tech and non-tech teams.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making.
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Knowledge of or experience working with open source projects.
• Experience in building observability tools and services.
• Ability to dive into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and dependencies you influence.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us