Senior Product Manager - Technical
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. Customers around the world rely on EC2 to provide elastic, high performance, secure and cost effective resources to scale their infrastructure to keep up with their changing business needs.
As customers around the world move to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered Product Managers to understand how customers in different geographies, deploy manage and pay for their current infrastructure and how EC2 should adjust our pricing and product capabilities and positioning to fit the unique needs of our global customer base.
We are seeking a Sr. Product Manager to join the EC2 Deals Desk who has a passion for building hyper-scale cloud products and enabling businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications to the Cloud. As a member of the EC2 Deals Desk, you will help build our worldwide pricing strategy as well as pricing models designed to accelerate cloud adoption, simplify complex migrations, and transition customers financial planning from capex to opex.
In this role you will play a pivotal role in solving challenges for our customers, defining products, go-to-market strategy, and tirelessly champion the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the EC2 service this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll work with our customers, partners, strategic sales teams and operational stakeholders in structuring solutions, prioritize product roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
-Develop detailed, crisp business narratives and user stories that can be used to create pricing strategies, product specifications and new features
-Work closely with sales, architects, business development and engineering teams to solve complex problems
- Define high-quality roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational support load
Candidates who are a fit for the job will:
- Have a passion for developer-focused products, and work on behalf of their customers
- Can think big, are able to break down the big picture, and deliver on goals that will get us there
- Have an instinctive understanding of a good product, and can raise the bar on customer-focused thinking among team members with reasoned, data-driven analysis
- Can dive into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and dependencies you influence
- Can think long-term, can balance conflicting interests, and converge on outcomes that earn trust and customer loyalty
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in other technical field required
- 4+ years of business management or product development experience
- Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems
-Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives
- Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; bias for action
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- MS in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics
- 5+ years experience building web services and multi-tier systems
- Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top