Today, AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers millions of active monthly customers from start-ups to multi-national corporations to governments. AWS was named as the leader in the Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure & Platform Services Infrastructure as a Service report for the 10th consecutive year in 2020. The AWS Cloud now spans 81 Availability Zones within 25 geographic Regions around the world, with announced plans for 21 more Availability Zones and 7 more AWS Regions in Australia, India, Indonesia, Israel, Spain, Switzerland, and United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The AWS Supply Chain Management (SCM) team is responsible for building a broad array of products and services ranging from planning in response to forecast, to managing inventory, catalog, orders and shipments, quotes, vendors etc. Our spectrum of ownership ranges from responding to forecast, till actual goods like servers, racks or generators land at our data centers. We partner with business teams and operations to build products to enable running our business across this spectrum. With this breadth of automation control, we are able to make quick decisions to improve the quality of our supply chain. Our products have a direct impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager (Technical) who can own and execute on several high impact goals for AWS Supply Chain. If you enjoy being the single threaded product owner responsible for building high impact products, services and mechanisms, then this is your opportunity. In the role, you will define, execute, and deliver our product roadmap in collaboration with our SCM software teams. You will participate in developing product strategy and features and you will develop and look after product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with our team's, engineering, UX, and executive teams to bring product to customers and ensure its success.
A successful candidate will be metrics driven, highly analytical, knowledgeable about technology product features, collaborative, embody a sense of urgency, able to work extremely effectively in a start-up like environment, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple features and applications that customers love. They are also open to learning and working on various aspects of the product, from software to hardware, as the need arises.
• Assessing User Needs: Work with AWS Infra and cross functional teams to understand the customer's needs/concerns, and identify opportunities to create or improve features.
• Feature Development/Ownership: Produce crisp working backwards documents (PR-FAQs) and detailed software feature requirements that can be used to create product specifications and architecture. Work closely with engineering teams to deliver product to market.
• Design Collaboration: Establish user experience goals, stories, tenets, and requirements that will be used to drive product specifications.
• Feature Prioritization: Drive daily product feature prioritization.
• Influence/Cross-Functional Alignment: Coordinate our product roadmap alongside our engineering organizations. Champion and gain buy-in for our strategy and roadmap through influencing peers and senior management.
• Product Roadmap: Drive roadmaps and identify short, medium and long-term features to achieve our vision.
• Metrics/Analytics: Coordinate analytics to establish metrics, set targets, and drive product improvements to achieve targets.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field.
• 5+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience in an enterprise or hosted solution context
• Strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving abilities.
• Experience in cross-functional roles and a proven track record of delivering successful products to market
• Excellent track record for operating products at scale and relying on customer-facing metrics to evaluate your performance.
• A proven track record of taking software products from inception to customer delivery.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, developers, and senior business leaders - strong written and verbal communication skills.
• MBA or advanced quantitative/technical degree
• High ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Excellent planning, organization and prioritization skills.
• Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
• Fearless in the face of daunting challenges.
• Comfortable taking a vague notion, working with your customers to refine it to actionable plans and execute on those plans with precision, alacrity and focus on details.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.