Senior Product Manager Technical Containers
- Bratislava, Slovakia
Come join the Containers and Linux team to help us define the future of the intersection of container technology and operating systems. You will help define a new container technology and lead production management efforts around Amazon's operation systems.
As a Sr. Product Manager, you'll work with an innovative development team building the most widely-used operating systems on AWS. This includes long-term product vision, feature definition, pricing, sales enablement, and marketing. You should be comfortable engaging with all types of customers ranging from executives and Fortune100 companies to developers at early-stage startups.
We are looking for strong business owners who can Think Big and are comfortable sharing that vision with AWS senior leadership. There are no product requirements documents thrown over the wall to the development team here. We value product managers who want to sit with the engineering team and dig into the details as owners of the service.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Lead Product Definition - Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
• Define Product Vision - Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
• Execute Product Planning and Development - Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
• Lead Product Launch - Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
• Lead Operations - Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth
• Partner with Technical Team - Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product
• Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate the Amazon Linux & Container Services vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 5+ years of experience in product management
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related engineering, economics, finance or mathematical field
• Demonstrated success translating complex qualitative and quantitative customer feedback into successful products/features/solutions
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience in data collection, model building, testing and validation
• Possess deep understanding of large-scale distributed systems and web services technologies
• Have delivered results with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
• Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, and project management skills
• Experience working on agile development teams
• MBA from top MBA program.
• Experience with Linux operating systems.
• Experience with container-related technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top