Amazon Rekognition offers pre-trained and customizable computer vision (CV) capabilities to extract information and insights from your images and videos. Our mission is to transform the world's images and videos into useful insights to improve human productivity, fuel innovation, and enhance security. Customers such as Pinterest, CBS, NFL, Yelp, Flickr, SmugMug, Flipboard, Shutterstock, HonorLock use Rekognition APIs to moderate user generated content on social media (billions of images uploaded daily), verify users online through face based authentication, make large photo libraries searchable by automatically curating images/ videos, and analyze content from millions of cameras.
As a Senior Product Manager - Technical in the Computer Vision team, you will be at the forefront of ideating, defining and launching new products. This is a high impact role and has visibility with the senior leadership of AWS AIML org. You will:
- Define the product vision including all aspects of future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation. You will build new machine learning products to address never before solved problems.
- Deeply understand the end to end customer pain points, and come up with roadmaps to systematically address your customer needs.
- Drive product development by setting the pace, prioritizing ruthlessly, and unblocking execution.
- Collaborate with engineers, MLOps, applied scientists, and data sourcing teams to craft product experiences that are both simple and powerful, with great attention to detail.
- Partner with Go To Market teams to successfully launch products, drive adoption and make customers successful.
- Be the business owner for your feature/ use case area. Set the product vision, enable product execution and drive business outcomes (revenue and run rate).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, systems engineering, MIS, or a related field
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Shipped user-facing or API products, built on complex technical systems running at scale
- Persistence and determination to ensure that your product is successful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulation of customer problems
- MBA or Master's degree.
- 5+ years of AI/ML industry experience
- Experience conducting product market research and building buy-in for product ideas from internal stakeholders and leadership
- Experience building brand new products or working in a startup environment
- Experience working with product marketing and sales/business development to deliver products to market
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation